Database of current cruise port Covid requirements

dbjhughes

I am due to travel on the Aurora cruise sailing on 5th May. Its intended ports of call are Spain, Spanish Morocco (with an excursion into Morocco currently offered), Malta, Italy, France (Corsica) and Portugal. While I suspect by May Covid requirements will have relaxed significantly in most of these destinations, does anyone know of a database of current/regularly updated cruise port Covid requirements for individual countries/territories, so I can keep track of what to expect as the cruise date approaches? Many thanks.

7 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

So you still have to do organized tours in Italy?  That's very annoying.  And they don't even include Greece in that list.

Italy changed their entry requirements on 1 Feb and then changed them again a few days later, removing the expiry date for booster jabs. P&O have obviously not caught up yet.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Denarius said:

Italy changed their entry requirements on 1 Feb and then changed them again a few days later, removing the expiry date for booster jabs. P&O have obviously not caught up yet.

Now there's a surprise.  Ha ha

4 hours ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Followed the link for Norway, and then the link from there to the PLF, Norway has removed the requirement for PLF as of 12.02.2022. All seems to be moving in the right direction. 

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 11:39 PM, dbjhughes said:

I am due to travel on the Aurora cruise sailing on 5th May. Its intended ports of call are Spain, Spanish Morocco (with an excursion into Morocco currently offered), Malta, Italy, France (Corsica) and Portugal. While I suspect by May Covid requirements will have relaxed significantly in most of these destinations, does anyone know of a database of current/regularly updated cruise port Covid requirements for individual countries/territories, so I can keep track of what to expect as the cruise date approaches? Many thanks.

I presume you are going to Ceuta? This is one of our favourite ports and we also went there on Aurora. Ten times nicer than Gibraltar which is opposite across the Straights of Gibraltar. A lovely old walled town, two separate beaches, beautiful gardens, statues and sculptures all around, a traditional water park (not slides etc but lagoons with lovely landscaped gardens around them) etc. All within a stones throw of where the ship berths, so no shuttle busses needed. We couldn’t do the Morocco tour as it wasn’t wheelchair friendly, but we didn’t feel at all short changed, so if Morocco is off limits you still have a lovely port to explore. 

In Malta we went on a tour but wished we hadn’t. One small coastal village was nice, but the rest of the island wasn’t very scenic (in fact, it was a bit scruffy) and with hindsight we would have been better spending the time in Valletta. 

On 2/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Denarius said:

But Italy still require a negative test prior to arrival, which is going to make cruising to Italian ports problematic until they change their rules.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

But Italy still require a negative test prior to arrival, which is going to make cruising to Italian ports problematic until they change their rules.

Yes, neighbours currently on Fred cruise and had two stops in Italy removed.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Still have to go on an organised excursion in Italy and still no mention of Greece!

That's assuming the cruise actually goes to Italy, given the testing rules.

Greece now only requires proof of vaccinations,  so no issues there. 

Hi, does anyone know please. If you are unfortunate to test positive on board, are you still having to go to a quarantine hotel to isolate or can you remain on the ship. asking about Spain and Portugal at this time. Cruise is next month

24 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Yes I would like to know that.  If you can't quarantine on the ship, I won't be going.

Me neither - I think cruises should just stop going anywhere where offloading is done - it’s just crazy.it could happen to any of us.

Edited by paulatsea

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Is that correct wowzz, I thought the main problem was 

I think Spain are, for once,  adhering to EU protocols,  but both Italy and Greece have also offloaded passengers.

There seems little news, anecdotal or otherwise, as to the position of Northern European countries.

I guess  the  big problem for the cruise lines is that if they cut Spain and Italy out of their cruise itineraries,  they basically no longer have a summer  Mediterranean cruise programme. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

In which case, no European cruises! 

Don’ think Croatia does - or Denmark Finland Iceland ?
But you are right if it’s an EU directive - and I’m not going to risk being offloaded.

makes no sense at all to me to offload someone who could have been isolated in a cabin - so it sounds like it  is an EU directive .

Edited by paulatsea

Unless the April 2021 rules are updated it will be Europe wide.

I thought this board was a non political environment - just because we don't like their rules surely no need to take a snipe at all of Europe as it's nothing to do with us anymore. 

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, paulatsea said:

makes no sense at all to me to offload someone who could have been isolated in a cabin - so it sounds like it  is an EU directive .

It's also apparently set out in the British Chamber of Shipping regulations according to the insurance companies.  No doubt at some point in the future someone somewhere will remember it exists but for now I think the cruise lines are just happy to be sailing and live with it.

• Thanks 1