Question re Drink Package upgrade

Christine Frances

2 hours ago, JOVERNITE said:

Just off the EQ. Upgrade once you're on board. We upgraded on the ship. Only $10 per person/per day. They add a 20% gratuity. Total $216.00 for 9 days. Used OBC but would have paid for it anyway. Much cheaper than the $30/per person/per day they offer or any other discount they offered before sailing.

I did it in advance and paid $8.50ish total per day. 

10 hours ago, RichYak said:

Where did you see a beverage package upgrade price of $30pp? That's way off base.

Yeah I have never heard of it costing that much to upgrade. The baseline has been $10/day plus 20% gratuity since the restart at least. It's cheaper if you call ahead of sailing and get a Captain's Club discount. If you upgrade online, you can't get the CC discount, but don't have to deal with calling.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JOVERNITE said:

Just off the EQ. Upgrade once you're on board. We upgraded on the ship. Only $10 per person/per day. They add a 20% gratuity. Total $216.00 for 9 days. Used OBC but would have paid for it anyway. Much cheaper than the $30/per person/per day they offer or any other discount they offered before sailing.

I'm guessing the $30/day was for the Elevate package (which includes the upgrade to premium drinks). I do wish they'd allow for an ONLINE upgrade to premium from the included classic (and apply the appropriate CC discount). 

Last I saw, on the website it was still quoting about $69 pp/pd to upgrade to Premium. It wasn't taking AI into account. That is why I called and upgraded for $8.50 a day, and switched my traveling companion to Premium Non-Alcohol for no charge. 

6 hours ago, killsport said:

I'm guessing the $30/day was for the Elevate package (which includes the upgrade to premium drinks). I do wish they'd allow for an ONLINE upgrade to premium from the included classic (and apply the appropriate CC discount). 

Online would be the easier but just go to any bar and ask for the upgrade. Pretty simple.