Question re Drink Package upgrade

Christine Frances

We are Elite+ and have the Classic package.   From what I see there is a discount for booking pre cruise and a discount for CC status.   So I assume I pick the better discount.  If I book on board, will I Get the Cc Discount ?   We have always just phoned CC to upgrade in the past.  

last question lol.  I have been reading that apparently the bartender that upgrades you gets a commission.  Is that correct?

TIA

13 hours ago, Christine Frances said:

We are Elite+ and have the Classic package.   From what I see there is a discount for booking pre cruise and a discount for CC status.   So I assume I pick the better discount.  If I book on board, will I Get the Cc Discount ?   We have always just phoned CC to upgrade in the past.  

last question lol.  I have been reading that apparently the bartender that upgrades you gets a commission.  Is that correct?

TIA

There is no CC discount just the 10% Elite but has to be done pre cruise and yes the bartender you upgrade with onboard does get commission, however the seem to not always be around as take breaks at least mine did so no guarantee you will get better service or pours. Also it was better fie me to pay in CAD with the FX rate.  JMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to upgrade my drink package from classic to premium but can't seem to find where you do that?  All I see is the premium package which shows up at $69 a day.  Can you help me find where to do it?  Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, camella said:

I am trying to upgrade my drink package from classic to premium but can't seem to find where you do that?  All I see is the premium package which shows up at $69 a day.  Can you help me find where to do it?  Thanks in advance!

If you booked recently (within the past 7-10 days) you likely won't see the option in the Cruise Planner. If you booked longer ago than that, look for a blue banner across the top of the screen. If you aren't seeing that, you may have to call Celebrity and upgrade over the phone or you can always upgrade onboard.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If you booked recently (within the past 7-10 days) you likely won't see the option in the Cruise Planner. If you booked longer ago than that, look for a blue banner across the top of the screen. If you aren't seeing that, you may have to call Celebrity and upgrade over the phone or you can always upgrade onboard.

I don't see the blue banner and I booked a couple months ago.  I have done it in the past and haven't had a problem but this time I don't see any way to do it. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, camella said:

I don't see the blue banner and I booked a couple months ago.  I have done it in the past and haven't had a problem but this time I don't see any way to do it. 🤷‍♀️

When is your sail date? It needs to be within about 30 days or so of that date for the packages to show properly in your cruise manager. Or you can call.

5 minutes ago, RichYak said:

When is your sail date? It needs to be within about 30 days or so of that date for the packages to show properly in your cruise manager. Or you can call.

Not til late July so this may be why I don't see it. I do see an upgrade ad but it lists the full price, and doesn't take into account the All Included. But a quick call took care of it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RichYak said:

My sail date is February 26th.  They had a chat box where you could ask questions but it disappeared so I'm trying to call.  I tried to call yesterday and the hold time was over a half hour.  I guess if worse comes to worse I can do it when I get on board.  The CC discount is only 10% so it's not that big of a deal.  I just like to have stuff already done when I board.

4 minutes ago, camella said:

My sail date is February 26th.  They had a chat box where you could ask questions but it disappeared so I'm trying to call.  I tried to call yesterday and the hold time was over a half hour.  I guess if worse comes to worse I can do it when I get on board.  The CC discount is only 10% so it's not that big of a deal.  I just like to have stuff already done when I board.

I would call today. At the very least to ensure you have the beverage package that you think you do.

The wait times can be nasty. But seem to differ between phone numbers- I find that 800-647-2251 gets me though quickly (of course, having said that it will now take forever). I just put my phone on speaker and go about life until someone answers. 

Edited by 5waldos
  • Like 1

I never had the ability to upgrade online so I called Celebrity Enhancements and spoke to a rep to do it.  Be careful however, the reps are kinda uneducated right now.  The woman I spoke with told me I was getting 30% discount, it was my 10% Elite.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

The wait times can be nasty. But seem to differ between phone numbers- I find that 800-647-2251 gets me though quickly (of course, having said that it will now take forever). I just put my phone on speaker and go about life until someone answers. 

I'm trying that number now.  I've been on hold on another number for over an hour now.

8 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Fingers crossed that the number doesn't prove me a liar!🤪

I don't know what number he called, but I had a conference call today with my TA and Celebrity, 7 minutes on hold, 5 minutes on the call, and issue re my cabin changes were resolved. Confirmation received during the call, all info correct and easily understood.

54 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Be careful however, the reps are kinda uneducated right now. 

They are totally untrained and its not their fault. Why put these poor people to answer phones and help with questions is beyond me.  I'm constantly asking for resolutions department. 

26 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

Fingers crossed that the number doesn't prove me a liar!🤪

Hope not because after an hour and 40 minutes the other one hung up.  I've been on hold with this number for 45 minutes now 😞  My TA said she just got disconnected after a two hour and 55 minute hold.  I know they are trying their best but that's unacceptable.  The TAs should have a private line and they should be answered immediately.  

22 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I don't know what number he called, but I had a conference call today with my TA and Celebrity, 7 minutes on hold, 5 minutes on the call, and issue re my cabin changes were resolved. Confirmation received during the call, all info correct and easily understood.

Don't know what number he called either because I just spoke with mine and she was just dropped from a call where she had been on hold for two hours and 55 minutes!  Needless to say she's not a happy camper.

We prefer to upgrade onboard.  You can see if you are really going to benefit or if the classic is ok plus you can pay just for the days remaining in your cruise.  For example if you upgrade 2 days into a 7 day cruise you will save more than the 10% discount.  And you can upgrade with the server than you like the most; often we do the Cafe Bacio early in the am. Just another thought.

4 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Hey just wanted to let you know that after an hour plus I FINALLY got an answer at that number!  Thank you so much!  Was able to straighten out a couple other things also because my TA had said there should be an OBC but it wasn't showing up and the agent I spoke with said it had "dropped off the system".  If I hadn't called we would have never gotten the credit put back on.  Thanks again 🙂  Woohoo!! Ready to pack now 🙂

• Like 1

Just off the EQ. Upgrade once you're on board. We upgraded on the ship. Only $10 per person/per day. They add a 20% gratuity. Total $216.00 for 9 days. Used OBC but would have paid for it anyway. Much cheaper than the $30/per person/per day they offer or any other discount they offered before sailing.