Boarding time Civitavecchia?

TomTN

We are on the first Voyager cruise 3-26 which leaves Civitavecchia at 7 p.m.   We would like to check out of our hotel in Rome at noon and board around 1:00-1:30.

Anyone have an idea when boarding will begin? Everything seems new now. Kind of like back to the future.

I looked at the Regent website, but found no useful information .

On 2/11/2022 at 7:27 PM, TomBeckCruise said:

I called Regent this morning, and I was told that we pick a time when we complete early check in three weeks before the cruise.  I was also told boarding would begin at 11:30.

Thank you. Do you know or have an opinion on whether this will be based on the order you check in or is priority given to Suite passengers? 

6 minutes ago, scottie920 said:

Thank you. Do you know or have an opinion on whether this will be based on the order you check in or is priority given to Suite passengers? 

Just my opinion.

I don't have any idea, but in the US Voyager is advertised as an "all suite" ship. I would guess that when you check in matters. Some people might not check in at the earliest time, not until days later. 

Most flights from the US to Rome typically arrive in the morning, and most people arriving on the 26th will want an early check in.  Those flying to Rome a day or few days before the cruise will want times spread out during the day.  Our check out time at our hotel is noon, but we will leave our bags and  explore the Colosseum Saturday morning. We will request a 2:00 boarding time.

Thank you TomBeckCruise.  Sorry I realised my mistake regarding Regents being an All Suite Accommodation. I was eluding to the ‘free’ one night hotel, Concierge and above receive as part of the package. Assuming these passengers all stay at the same hotel, there is going to be a lot of passengers waiting for transfers. Just wondered whether anyone had experience on how Regent organise this.

@scottie920 While you're correct that Regent bills themselves as 'All Suite' they have been known to run priority boarding lines for the 'named suite' passengers, i.e. Master Suite, Seven Seas Suite, etc.

But our experience is that with less than 750 pax coming in at different times it's really not a big issue.  We always plan on boarding between noon and one.

Slightly off topic, but still pertaining to Rome....how do most people get from hotel to ship?  I see there is a train available.  Considering a cruise departing from Rome, but wasn't sure I want to go with a concierge suite or lower.  If I go concierge, we will have transportation.  If lower, we need to arrange our own.  Wasn't sure what folks do to get to port.....

3 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Slightly off topic, but still pertaining to Rome....how do most people get from hotel to ship?  I see there is a train available.  Considering a cruise departing from Rome, but wasn't sure I want to go with a concierge suite or lower.  If I go concierge, we will have transportation.  If lower, we need to arrange our own.  Wasn't sure what folks do to get to port.....

Going in the opposite direction, we have cruised Regent into Rome as the final point twice and both times pre-booked a private car service from pier to our hotel.  And both times the driver was there waiting for us at the pier and it worked out just fine.

• Like 1

Rome in Limo or Rome Cabs

Both provide transfers from your hotel or FCO to the ship.  We have RIL booked for this trip.  A private car is more expensive than a shared van or train .

I think there is a long thread about this in the destinations section: Europe, Italy

Edited by TomBeckCruise
  • Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 7:01 AM, TomBeckCruise said:

We would like to check out of our hotel in Rome at noon and board around 1:00-1:30.

I boarded Oceania’s Riviera in November 2021 in Civitavecchia. It takes about 90 minutes plus or minus to travel from Rome to the port. 
Enjoy your cruise!