Noordam leaving NYC pics from Battery Park

x lindsay x

After work today I made my way down to Battery Park in hopes of catching a glimpse (and a few photos) of the Noordam leaving New York City for the first time. The pictures aren't my best work as my battery was dying and so was the daylight, but I thought those who couldn't take part in any of the celebration surrounding her inaugural voyage would like to see what the lovely Noordam looks like (from shore that is). I can tell you first hand that I was green with envy for all those onboard who were taking pictures of us as they were sailing away on what is sure to be a fantastic trip. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/xlindsayjox

Thanks for the pics Lindsay! My DH works downtown NY too! We sail the Oosterdam 3/4/06 out of San Diego & can't wait. Been on the Zuiderdam a couple years ago. The Vista ships are nice...Noordam in NY is great - hopefully we can sail her next year & not have to fly to a port.

Wow those are just amazing. I reacted with more of an explicit expression at first but I'll omit that here - LOL.

I'm not sure what effect I like more ... the strung lights, the ship lit up, the grey sky backdrop, the water shooting, the Statue of Liberty, or what. . . . they all come together and create a truly compelling set of photos.

THANK YOU!!

You are all quite welcome. I just wish my battery would've had more juice, then I would've taken a video, for full effect.

Your skills should make you professional . That was a 25 Million Dollar USD$ picture.:p

Seeing your work made us want her more.

Thanks for your skill and time to benefit all.

Are you cruising on her too?:)

After work today I made my way down to Battery Park in hopes of catching a glimpse (and a few photos) of the Noordam leaving New York City for the first time. The pictures aren't my best work as my battery was dying and so was the daylight, but I thought those who couldn't take part in any of the celebration surrounding her inaugural voyage would like to see what the lovely Noordam looks like (from shore that is). I can tell you first hand that I was green with envy for all those onboard who were taking pictures of us as they were sailing away on what is sure to be a fantastic trip. Enjoy!

http://community.webshots.com/user/xlindsayjox

Yes the flashbacks from the NY Noordam on Noordam Day in NY on the oldest part of Manhatten too.

Happy George Washingtons Birthday. :) Did you walk over to Federal Hall on Wall Street too?

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these great pics.

I had a tear in the eye, a lump in my throat and sort of got a bit emotional looking at this lovely ship with her precious load of passengers and crew, pulling out of the harbour, for the first time.

So often I look at cruise pics. We are saving like crazy to go on a cruise later this year. I am sure when I finally get to port and see our "ride" for the week (who knows on which ship we will end up) I will have lots of tears of pure joy and saviouring this big moment we have been looking forward to, for such a long time.

Thanks for the pictures. I can't help but think of all the messages that were put on these threads showing the anticipation of this cruise; and then to see pictures of the ship leaving on the trip with the cc'ers that wrote those messages, gives you a feeling of happiness, joy and envy.

I can tell you first hand that I was green with envy for all those onboard who were taking pictures of us as they were sailing away on what is sure to be a fantastic trip. Enjoy!

I would be green with envy of anyone getting away from the current cold blast. Nice pictures:). Ugly ship. Sorry:(

Archived