FCC after boarding denial at the dock

PSR

I am wondering if anyone has received their FCC after being denied boarding due to a positive COVID test. I thought I had read somewhere in the HAL info that I received that it would be 2 weeks. I can't find that statement again, so maybe I just "dreamed" it up. Anyway, I did receive the statement from HAL that my Cancellation Penalty was most of my fare, less taxes and port charges. I HAVE received all my shorex and cabin purchases back to my CCs. I have never received FCC in the past and would like to find out how long it takes so I can apply it to our August HAL cruise. Thanks for any information.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:51 PM, Boatdrill said:

About two weeks.

7 hours ago, Riversedge said:

Mine took about a week.

Thank you both. Was this time frame from the end of the scheduled cruise? Our cruise was was cancelled at the pier on 1/16/22 due to test results, but the actual cruise itself did not end until 2/2/22. So far we have gotten all the refundable amounts back to our credit cards, but no FCC yet. Don't know who to contact; Guest Services has not replied to either of my emails written in January.😒

On 2/18/2022 at 7:35 PM, PSR said:

Thank you both. Was this time frame from the end of the scheduled cruise? Our cruise was was cancelled at the pier on 1/16/22 due to test results, but the actual cruise itself did not end until 2/2/22. So far we have gotten all the refundable amounts back to our credit cards, but no FCC yet. Don't know who to contact; Guest Services has not replied to either of my emails written in January.😒

Mine was at the end of the cruise you were scheduled to be on.  I can see it on my navigator app under account.  I wrote an email to officeofthepresident@hollandamerica.com to ask them a question about their worryfree promise and they responded within 3 days.  You could try that.  

• Thanks 1

Riversedge, thank you very much.😊 I am familiar with your quarantine experience onboard. I checked my navigator app and there are no credits listed. I will check again next week, then try one more option (Mariner Society), then if no success, I will try your link to the  president's office. 

17 hours ago, PSR said:

Riversedge, thank you very much.😊 I am familiar with your quarantine experience onboard. I checked my navigator app and there are no credits listed. I will check again next week, then try one more option (Mariner Society), then if no success, I will try your link to the  president's office. 

I hope you get resolution quickly.  There’s no excuse to take this long.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found a phone number for Guest Services on HAL's web site and gave them a call this morning. After waiting 45 minutes on hold, I finally got to talk to an advisor who looked into the problem. For some reason, our booking had been overlooked (she did not know why), but she managed to get the ball rolling so we should get our FCC applied to our accounts within 48 hours. We'll see....

• Like 2

That’s good to hear.  I hope it happens.  When they answered the letter I wrote they had a link to go to the worry free promise.  Although they never admitted it wasn’t well written, they have now changed it from what it was for our cruise.  It no longer says “FCC for those traveling together in the same stateroom”.  Please let us know when it gets resolved. 

42 minutes ago, Riversedge said:

Please let us know when it gets resolved. 

Actually, later yesterday about 6pm, on a hunch I checked my HAL account and the FCC was already there! So was my husband's in his account. It didn't take 48 hours as stated in the email the advisor sent me to confirm the amounts. 😊

• Like 3

23 hours ago, canadarocks said:

Thanks @PSR for sharing your experience. We've been waiting for FCCs and your post "nudged" me to contact my TA about them. She's contacting HAL tomorrow. 

Can I ask please if the FCCs you just received have an expiry date of 12/31/2022?

No, ours have an expiration date of 2/22/23, a year after they were granted, not a year after our cruise was cancelled by HAL (1/16/22) or that cruise ended (2/2/22). The first cancellation statement we got by email (around 1/23/22 or so) said the FCC should arrive in two weeks, but not sure how they calculate the 2 weeks. We got the cancellation "cruise penalty" statement on 2/4/22, showing what part of our final payment would not be refunded in cash. I allowed 14 days plus after that statement to call, since I figured that would be time enough for them to grant our FCC. Seems they may be waiting until someone calls to grant the credits. Hope your TA is successful!

Edited by PSR
  • Thanks 1