Azamara for Solo Europe?

ILgirl

I’ve been on four solo Celebrity Caribbean sailings and enjoyed each.  I have been to the islands so many times I stayed on the ship for these cruises.  I’ve never sailed Azamara and have never sailed in Europe.  I am looking at a seven night port intensive Spain cruise and would expect to disembark and tour in each port.  I am a 64 year old widow.  Can anyone offer their opinions and/or experience in sailing solo on Azamara?  I also posted this inquiry on the solo boards but no response.  Thx for anything you can offer.

3 hours ago, ILgirl said:

I’ve been on four solo Celebrity Caribbean sailings and enjoyed each.  I have been to the islands so many times I stayed on the ship for these cruises.  I’ve never sailed Azamara and have never sailed in Europe.  I am looking at a seven night port intensive Spain cruise and would expect to disembark and tour in each port.  I am a 64 year old widow.  Can anyone offer their opinions and/or experience in sailing solo on Azamara?  I also posted this inquiry on the solo boards but no response.  Thx for anything you can offer.

Hi,

are you talking about the May 31, 2021 Spain intensive cruise? There was a very good solo rate on that cruise.
I travel solo a lot on Azamara, and I’ve never had a problem. Pre-Covid there was always a solo get together the first or second night and usually a table in the main dining room. On my cruise in January those things have changed, but I still met Many solo travelers on that cruise and enjoyed their company.
When is your cruise? Solo events may return by the time you sale. I have met many friends on Azamara and continue to sail with them repeatedly

lisa

Hi ILgirl, I also have traveled solo on many Azamara cruises and have always enjoyed myself.  I agree with Lisa's assessment of things (I met Lisa on a pre-Covid cruise and we played on the same trivia team - she's very good at trivia).  I was on Quest for a Caribbean cruise last December and met a number of cruise friends from previous cruises as well as some new people even with the Covid precautions in place.  I've always found my fellow passengers on Azamara very approachable and friendly.  On this latest cruise I mainly went on ship excursions since they were required is some ports but also explored independently where it was permitted.  I'm on a Spain Intensive cruise with Azamara in June as part of a B2B and I'm really looking forward to it.  While on the Caribbean cruise last December Azamara released a bunch of single supplement cruise deals to their Cruise Again staff.  They still haven't been posted on their website. They go through to the end of July 2022 and the majority of them are at a rate of 125% for a solo traveler.  Here's a link to the thread I posted the lists on (post #7).  Regards, Paul

My own personal experience was after quite a few cruises on Celebrity I tried Azamara Journey in 2011 on recommendation and went with friends. I loved it so much that I booked another cruise on Quest two months later, on my own. It was the first I'd ever done solo, but because of the friendliness of the crew and general atmosphere onboard I had no worries about doing it and this was confirmed.  I had a great time and haven't looked back. 

I'm sure you will be fine too. You can do as much or as little as you want on your own. If you are like me you don't need to have solo gatherings organised. It's the fact that other guests are so friendly and generally well travelled and if you are sociable you will meet people in no time. Add to that a crew who will take care of you.

I still travel alone, but have met so many others on Azamara that I never cruise alone!

Phil 

• Like 15

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I still travel alone, but have met so many others on Azamara that I never cruise alone!

Phil 

Phil, Thanks for your ongoing encouragement and support of solo cruisers. You’re, in great part, the catalyst for my decision to take my first solo cruise and I’ve never looked back! 
Melissa

• Like 4

On 2/13/2022 at 3:01 PM, ILgirl said:

I have booked the 31st May 7 night Spain Intensive solo and really looking forward to it and I know a few other solo travellers have also booked (same travel agent).