Age to be booked in room next to parents?

topnole

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, KmomChicago said:

@Ourusualbeach one last question.  I am finalizing plans - cruise is May 17. My companion who is the no show is in a 28-day inpatient alcohol rehab program.  I do have the travel insurance that the online TA offered. I am going to try to get a full refund of the one cruise fare.

Should I file with the insurance company now, or after the cruise is over?  I feel like it's hard to file anything for a cruise the companion has not missed yet.

If they are a no show then the insurance will not cover it.

In order to claim on the insurance you must call Royal and cancel the guest and get a cancellation letter for the insurance company.  Guest ones fare would then be changed to reflect all the money paid on the booking less the taxes and fees for guest 2

I would call your insurance company and confirm that this is a covered reason before proceeding

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If they are a no show then the insurance will not cover it.

In order to claim on the insurance you must call Royal and cancel the guest and get a cancellation letter for the insurance company.  Guest ones fare would then be changed to reflect all the money paid on the booking less the taxes and fees for guest 2

I would call your insurance company and confirm that this is a covered reason before proceeding

Thank you so much for the reply. The cruise base fare was only $650 pp when I booked it over a year ago (inside cabins). It is considerably higher now and the ship is more or less sold out anyway at this point. A room pops up one day and disappears the next. 

Sounds like it may not be worth the hassle and some risk of being charged a single supplement for the room anyway.

Edited by KmomChicago