Discount at spa for Yacht club ???

heidikay

1 hour ago, heidikay said:

Does anyone know what "40% discount on a dedicated Spa prepaid package" this refers to?  This is a perk for yacht club.  I can't find any spa packages to select.   

Link to where it is stated at MSC's site  https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Discover-MSC/MSC-Yacht-Club.aspx

Your first sentence appears to be from the add-on on the web check in page, not the link you put in the next sentence.  Actually on my web check-in, it says, "...up to a 40% discount on a dedicated Spa prepaid package," and is limited to three treatments.  Your link in the second page shows the Yacht Club perks, and really for the spa is stating you have "complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea Spa," and can pay for some spa treatments.  No discount for YC on any cruises we have been on."  Keep in mind, with COVID, some areas of the spa, like saunas may not be open or may have limits on them. Buying the treatments ahead of doing it on board, is probably really 10 to 15% lower and you avoid the extra 15% service charge.

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 2/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, heidikay said:

Does anyone know what "40% discount on a dedicated Spa prepaid package" this refers to?  This is a perk for yacht club.  I can't find any spa packages to select.   

Link to where it is stated at MSC's site  https://www.msccruises.com/en-gl/Discover-MSC/MSC-Yacht-Club.aspx

Good morning! i know this is an older thread, but I thought I’d give this a shot! (Maybe you’ve already even been on your cruise and have the insider scoop now…) I saw the same thing (under the “World of Choice” section in your link), and I had the same question. Did you ever get an answer? We haven’t been able to find any other information, either. 
Thanks!

I believe it's going to be the items that you can pre-book (and pre-pay) when you go to the MSC site and Manage Booking/Plan My Cruise under the Spa & Beauty option. I imagine the offerings and prices may vary from ship to ship or cruise to cruise somewhat, but these are the options currently showing for my next cruise: 

• Thermal Area Cruise Pass - $130
  • Traditional Balinese Massage - 50 min $119
  • Bali Massage with Hot Lava Stones - 50 Min $124
  • Spa Manicure and Pedicure - $116
  • Personal Trainer Program - $225

* Thermal Area access for the duration of the cruise

* 1 Body Composition Analyser session

* 3 Personal trainer sessions - 1 hour each

* Personalised consultation with fitness trainers for best results

I think you do get other offers and discounts on board based on your Voyager Club level or being in the Yacht Club.

• 3 weeks later...

The above is what I see (prices & services).  I've got a Yacht Club booking and on the booking it says " 40% discount on a dedicated Spa prepaid package, 10% discount on all spa treatments purchased on board,"

I can't find any Spa Packages to book.  Thermal Area Pass, which comes with the Yacht Club booking, so it isn't that.  The prices above cannot possibly be already 40% discounted - that would mean the "normal" non-discounted price is $200 for a 50 massage.  Even for a 5-Star resort that would be high.
Does any one know how to find prices for dedicated Spa prepaid package that get this discount?

Edited by disneyg1rl

Update: I called  1/27/23 and was quoted the same prices as in the post above.  After quite awhile, she confirmed that $119 for the Balinese Massage is the discounted rate.  Does anyone who has a regular (non-Yacht Club) see a rate different than $119?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, disneyg1rl said:

Update: I called  1/27/23 and was quoted the same prices as in the post above.  After quite awhile, she confirmed that $119 for the Balinese Massage is the discounted rate.  Does anyone who has a regular (non-Yacht Club) see a rate different than $119?

This is the pre-purchased price and is discounted.  If you book onboard it is higher AND the gratuity is added.  The math doesn't quite work out to 40% savings, but, yes.  

Edited by Morgsmom

23 hours ago, disneyg1rl said:

Pictures I’ve seen of the onboard spa menu has the exact same prices that are supposed to be discounted for Aurea and YC. No one can explain it when you call.  Appears there is no pre-purchase discount on services…