Cheers! Exceptions?

marne001

On 2/16/2022 at 11:50 AM, Scotto97 said:

So if a woman can provide medical proof that she's pregnant, they still will force her to purchase Cheers if she's in a cabin with someone else? Won't they allow her to purchase Bottomless Bubbles instead?

Interesting if true, as the media could easily frame this as Carnival "Encouraging / almost forcing" a pregnant person to drink and possibly harm the unborn child.

Carnival isn't forcing her to purchase it, her roommate is.  They knew the rules when choosing to purchase it.  Just another example of people trying to not accept personal responsibility. 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:55 PM, cruizergal70 said:

Media? What media? When did the media get involved? The Cheers policy makes sense.  The pregnant woman is not required to drink the drinks. Just have to pay for them. 

FYI, personally,  I think buying the drink package is dumb anyway.  I've never heard of anyone doing vacation planning and allocate $500-$1300 just for alcohol.  Yet, on a cruise folks do it all the time.

They may not budget for it, but they spend that much all the time.

3 hours ago, Pyxie said:

They may not budget for it, but they spend that much all the time.

We have friends and have met many people who had easily a $1,000 budget for alcohol on a cruise.  For them, the package is a no brainer. For us, I’ve gotten way to used to getting a bottle of water, specialty coffee , and whatever else I want to go without it now. 

Our very first adult cruise our bar tab (no Cheers) was more than the cruise, the excursions and every penny we spent to get there and enjoy the trip....since then we have always budgeted for Cheers as it saves us money that way and enables us to not worry about the tab.  To each their own....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 12:54 PM, mz-s said:

I don't know how many times we have to say "there are no exceptions" before it sinks in.

If one person in the cabin over the age of 21 purchases Cheers, then every person over the age of 21 must purchase it. It doesn't matter if they're pregnant, Mormon, or on a feeding tube.

I know first hand exception can be made.  BTW - if the woman is too pregnant - they don't let them sail