Rapid Diagnostic test(IDNOW) available, Not antigen?

bradski

I am trying to test today(Sailing in 2 days) and the CVS pharmacies in our state offer PCR only.  Walgreen has rapid but it is listed at Rapid Diagnostic(IDNOW) and Antigen isn't offered in my state.  I am worried that PCR will take 2 days as they say and I would prefer not to travel to the cruise port and get results.  Anyone have an idea if Royal will accept this test?  I have been on hold with them for 45 minutes so far and the first person just read the website to me.  

13 minutes ago, bradski said:

I am trying to test today(Sailing in 2 days) and the CVS pharmacies in our state offer PCR only.  Walgreen has rapid but it is listed at Rapid Diagnostic(IDNOW) and Antigen isn't offered in my state.  I am worried that PCR will take 2 days as they say and I would prefer not to travel to the cruise port and get results.  Anyone have an idea if Royal will accept this test?  I have been on hold with them for 45 minutes so far and the first person just read the website to me.  

BinaxNow is Abbott's proctored antigen test. That is the one we take before every cruise. We got ours from eMed, but you can order them directly from RCL as well.

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

Edited by orville99

We used Walgreen’s ID now before our last cruise.  Results came electronically in less than an hour.  We have appointments for this cruise, same test.

It is an NAAT test.  It is more sensitive than an antigen test.  It can be done on site, hence the quick results.

In Florida the Walgreens IDNOW was my go to test before the Abbott home antigen test became readily available with ample time before expiration.

The IDNOW test at Walgreens is an NAAT test.  It is better and more reliable than antigen.  It is accepted by cruise lines and many countries for international travel.

Across dozens of Walgreens IDNOW tests the results have typically come back in under two hours even though they state it could take up to 24 hours.  These tests are processed in the store where you take them, at least here in Florida.  They are not sent out to a lab.  In many cases I had the email test results before I got home from taking the test.