Apex May 2022 Dublin port dropped☘️

Ilandguy

Just got this disappointing change...but so far the only one...  Cork Ireland still a go!

"New port regulations regarding COVID-19 protocols will require us to replace our originally scheduled call to Dublin, Ireland with an extended visit to Liverpool, England. We will now arrive in Liverpool on Thursday, May 19th and will depart Friday, May 20th at 6:40 PM.

Guests with Shore Excursions in Dublin, Ireland, booked through Celebrity Cruise Planner will automatically receive a refund to their original form of payment. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible to make needed adjustments. Excursions for our extended stay in Liverpool, England are available to purchase through Celebrity Cruise Planner and when onboard."🍀

Outlook-mzi4eqws.png.32a5958e7ad30b7c80e2eb66e2b882fa.png

9 minutes ago, Ilandguy said:

Just got this disappointing change...but so far the only one...  Cork Ireland still a go!

"New port regulations regarding COVID-19 protocols will require us to replace our originally scheduled call to Dublin, Ireland with an extended visit to Liverpool, England. We will now arrive in Liverpool on Thursday, May 19th and will depart Friday, May 20th at 6:40 PM.

Guests with Shore Excursions in Dublin, Ireland, booked through Celebrity Cruise Planner will automatically receive a refund to their original form of payment. Guests with independent arrangements should contact their tour operators as soon as possible to make needed adjustments. Excursions for our extended stay in Liverpool, England are available to purchase through Celebrity Cruise Planner and when onboard."🍀

Outlook-mzi4eqws.png.32a5958e7ad30b7c80e2eb66e2b882fa.png

At least you are looking on the positive side, someone just posted another thread on the same matter and feels "cheated"

• Thanks 1

I don’t believe the reason is COVID related.

Dublin Port announced a long time ago it was doing work to enlarge the port due to increased freight traffic,,,it was announced at the time that from 2021-2028 cruise ship calls would be reduced from ~160 year to 80 a year,and no turnarounds.

Alexander Dock from where Celebrity sailed when I did the Ireland/Iceland cruise in May 2019 is now being converted into a Ro-Ro dock.

RCL are still calling into Dublin,,,,they must be one of the 80.

On 2/16/2022 at 10:55 AM, LGW59 said:

At least you are looking on the positive side, someone just posted another thread on the same matter and feels "cheated"

Be fair.  The OP on that thread admitted that "cheated" was too strong a word.  However, it's too late to change the title and the original post.

• Like 1

I lived in Dublin as a child and I was looking forward to being back there again.  Our cruise is not a port of call it is an embarkation/disembarkation and a small ship.  Don't know if that makes a difference or not but we haven't heard anything for a July sailing yet and it is still listed on the Dublin schedule.

I wonder why the cruises don't dock at Dun Laoghaire (pronounced Dun Leery).  They built a cruise port there with 2 piers and it is a delightful little place.  There is a train to Dublin for around $8 - $11 and it takes 16 minutes.  You can also go by bus.

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

I lived in Dublin as a child and I was looking forward to being back there again.  Our cruise is not a port of call it is an embarkation/disembarkation and a small ship.  Don't know if that makes a difference or not but we haven't heard anything for a July sailing yet and it is still listed on the Dublin schedule.

I wonder why the cruises don't dock at Dun Laoghaire (pronounced Dun Leery).  They built a cruise port there with 2 piers and it is a delightful little place.  There is a train to Dublin for around $8 - $11 and it takes 16 minutes.  You can also go by bus.

NCL and Princess dock at Dun Laoghaire based on a quick scan of their websites. Could be other lines docking there too. Maybe there was no room to accommodate Celebrity ships?