MyDining not working on app, will it work on ship?

larrybritt

We leave in little over 2 weeks and on the app the MyDining portion will not load. When I tap it just spins loading. I called and talked to rep and he said I’m lucky as others have worse things happening. That’s great! I have deleted app and added back several times, no luck. My question is has anyone had this problem and then does it works once on ship? Sure would be nice to have to order a drink or some food while out of the room.

12 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

We leave in little over 2 weeks and on the app the MyDining portion will not load. When I tap it just spins loading. I called and talked to rep and he said I’m lucky as others have worse things happening. That’s great! I have deleted app and added back several times, no luck. My question is has anyone had this problem and then does it works once on ship? Sure would be nice to have to order a drink or some food while out of the room.

I cannot tell you what might happen on the ship in your situation, but I am thinking it will work better.

What I can say is that ordering food and drink is under OCEAN Now and not DMW.  You can also order via cabin TV.

36 minutes ago, larrybritt said:

If it does not work now, it will not work on the ship.  Just went through this onboard the Majestic.  What you want to do is download the latest version of the app.  It is available on the apple app store.  Here is a screen shot of the latest versions and the reason they were released.  You issue is one of them.

app version.png

Yes, this app is a POS.  Even on the ship it has problems.  Hopefully soon, they get it all resolved!!

Was onboard the Majestic in Jan 2022, and Dine my way was working.  Boarded again last week, Dine my way would not load.  Went to the Medallion EXPERTS that are here to help.  They told me that my phone setting were incorrect.  I looked at them and said, "Really, Dine my way worked 3 weeks ago when I was onboard, and I haven't updated anything on the phone.   I went and then deleted the old app, and downloaded the new app.  Seems to be working properly.

Edited by dweeb

3 hours ago, larrybritt said:

I laughed so hard at the representive's comment to you " I’m lucky as others have worse things happening." Previously being a dental office manager for 34 years, I would have turned purple if one of my team made a comment about how bad our office was at anything to our clients or anyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

I found that DMW works with the latest version of the Medallion app if you have wifi turned on and connected.

This will be a problem for people that do not have wifi at home and rely on cellular data for a connection to the internet.

May be the issue as I had no problem booking dining room/specialty meals for April cruise this week.

I have been connected to our home Wi-Fi and no luck and I have deleted the app and added it back at least 5 times and always the same, just goes to loading and never gets past that point. I’ll maybe try to call them back one more time but as we all know that means being on hold for hours. Would be disappointing to not have available on board.