canadian pcr testing

serbiancruiser

If you are a vaccinated adult you do not need a PCR test.  I’m planning to get an antigen test at Shoppers Drug mart. That test will cover me for my flight to the US as well as to board the ship.  The accredited test is $40.  The key is to ensure the test is done within 2 days of sailing.  

14 minutes ago, serbiancruiser said:

a question for you Canadian cruisers. We are hoping to get tested in Canada before our March 4th Equinox cruise. Does anyone know if that will be acceptable to Celebrity. It will be from a credited testing site.

It will be, but why would you pay the extra money for a PCR test going to the ship when you don’t have to?

A Rapid Antigen test taken in Canada (2 days before the cruise, not including embarkation day, and 1 day before your flight) is acceptable to Celebrity and any airline flying from Canada to a US embarkation point.

Randy

FYI, check out the Canada board as well, lots of information there. 

As people have said, you don't need a PCR test to board just a rapid antigen.  Remember that right now you need a test 1 day before your flight and not more than 2 before your cruise.

I got the $40 rapid antigen test at Shopper's Drug Mart for my cruises last year and it worked great for flight and cruise.  I have heard others have used Walmart, Rexall and Costco.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2510-canadian-cruisers/

5 hours ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

FYI, check out the Canada board as well, lots of information there. 

As people have said, you don't need a PCR test to board just a rapid antigen.  Remember that right now you need a test 1 day before your flight and not more than 2 before your cruise.

I got the $40 rapid antigen test at Shopper's Drug Mart for my cruises last year and it worked great for flight and cruise.  I have heard others have used Walmart, Rexall and Costco.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2510-canadian-cruisers/

Used Walmart 2x for 2 very recent cruises.  Results came back in 15 minutes.  Cost $20 no tax