Parking recommendation Miami

stones902

I'm looking for a recommendation for convenient long term parking in Miami with access to both the airport and cruise port.   Our situation is that we are driving to Miami to take a flight to London prior to boarding a transatlantic cruise back to Miami.  We need a long term parking location that (hopefully) is convenient to both the airport and cruise port.  Suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

I would research long term parking options at MIA or nearby - a taxi from POM to MIA will only run about $28+tip. Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, Embassy Suites MIA an La Quinta East are popular hotels for cruise parking deals, but not sure if you can leave you car for that long?

Have you looked at two one way car rentals? Might be cheaper than parking your car for 2-3 weeks and keeps your car safe at home.

I would research long term parking options at MIA or nearby

First I would say that when I've done what you are doing I've typically used the two one way car rental method ..... however

I lived in Miami working downtown for a long time in a job that had me flying a good bit. I left my car in off site AIRPORT parking places with zero fear and never a problem. I will NOT use off site  parking for a cruise. What's the difference?

The airport while not very far out IS out of down town and the off site parking places are well established in what's a light industrial area.

The port sits immediately adjacent to downtown and parking downtown is $$$ (I had a downtown office for several years and paid out the nose). IME the places offering low cost cruise parking were renting a lot temporarily vacant because of construction, or space that could not be filled for "some other reason". Same issue you have if cruising out of New York City ...... cheap parking ? ha ha ha

In a pinch I'd put my car in one of the airport places, take the free shuttle to the airport and then taxi/uber to the port . . .

On 2/21/2022 at 3:55 PM, Capt_BJ said:

AIRPORT parking vs CRUISE PORT parking

This is a very good point!  Thanks for all the info.  (I usually park off-site near Galveston's cruise port, but admit I was a little nervous about Miami.)

52 minutes ago, mzlisap said:

What about parking at the port of Miami?

Parking at POM is expensive and they may not know which garage/berth their ship will eventually arrive in.