Included flights to Malta

jimbo1683

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Because the included flights will not be used.

Does that mean you cannot change the P&O flights for earlier, which I suspect is what the OP was asking about?  Must admit, I only thought the charter, or other included flights going out on the cruise start date (presumably block booked ones), would be included in the cruise price.

Edited by tring

35 minutes ago, devonuk said:

Yes.

Will P&O change the date of the outbound flight though and still include it in the cruise price, or do you have to pay for an alternative flight yourself?  This is something we may consider as well.

Edited by tring

3 minutes ago, tring said:

Does that mean you cannot change the P&O flights for ealier, which I suspect is what the op was asking about?  Must admit, I only thought the charter, or other included flights going out on the cruise start date (presumably block booked), would be included in the cruise price.

Fly/Cruise prices are based on a charter flight or a scheduled flight on the day concerned. If you wish to fly on a different day, you do so at your own cost.

• Thanks 1

I think it depends where you want to fly from. We flew from Glasgow a few years ago and the flights were with Jet2. Only some of those on the flight were going on the cruise. Most were on land holidays. The flights were twice a week, so if you wanted to fly out earlier/ return later you had to have 3 or 4 extra days to correspond with the Jet2 timetable

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, scarlet ohara said:

I think it depends where you want to fly from. We flew from Glasgow a few years ago and the flights were with Jet2. Only some of those on the flight were going on the cruise. Most were on land holidays. The flights were twice a week, so if you wanted to fly out earlier/ return later you had to have 3 or 4 extra days to correspond with the Jet2 timetable

Indeed, but P&O contract a certain number of seats with Jet2 on a specific day. If you wish to fly out on a different day, you can of course do so, but at your expense . 

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Indeed, but P&O contract a certain number of seats with Jet2 on a specific day. If you wish to fly out on a different day, you can of course do so, but at your expense . 

One of my cancelled cruises was one such trip out of Malta. We were going out 3 days early from Bristol and using a P&O recommended hotel. Yes, there was a cost but to be fair it wasn’t the flight that changed much cost wise, it was the cost of the hotel which made a big difference as it was the Grand Hotel Excelsior which wasn’t cheap. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks but i was really just asking whether i get to choose flight dates for the included flight or not. The technicalities of whether P&O have chartered a plane or contracted seats is unimportant and confuses the thread - very simply, when I go through the booking process will I get to choose a flight date for the included flight or not.

14 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Thanks but i was really just asking whether i get to choose flight dates for the included flight or not. The technicalities of whether P&O have chartered a plane or contracted seats is unimportant and confuses the thread - very simply, when I go through the booking process will I get to choose a flight date for the included flight or not.

I think it is highly unlikely that you will get a choice because simple economics leads me to the conclusion that P&O will only charter blocks of seats, or even a whole aircraft on days when the ship is actually in Malta to receive passengers, unless they organise and sell as add ones, pre or post cruise breaks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

No the charter plane or seats is for the date of the cruise, only.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo1683 said:

The chartered flights and block booking of seats are the whole reason that the flights will cost less to P&O, hence can be sold on with a smaller element of the whole cost being for the flights.  Apart from the cost of the flights themselves, the actual admin to organise individual flight options on other days, would cost P&O a lot more as well, so is not what is offered in the prices.

If you wish to change your flight date, you could always speak with P&O or an agent and see if there is a pay for it option available.  No harm in asking, you will then have full details on which to make your choice.

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

Well spotted. May be of interest to OP especially as the flight will still be included in the price.

I would hazard a guess that the cost will be higher than paying for your own flights and hotel, but hope for the OPs sake that I am wrong.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I would hazard a guess that the cost will be higher than paying for your own flights and hotel, but hope for the OPs sake that I am wrong.

P&O always seem to only offer expensive hotel options, I assume because they make more commission that way.

• Like 1