saw this today about masks

dalliowner

14 hours ago, klkaylor78 said:

but we used the eMed system on our last Ovation cruise (self administered/observed test) and plan to use that in Miami and in Monaco.

Our cruise in December will be the first time we utilize the eMed option.. I had questions so I called the Optum store customer service.. I found out that the test kits that we will order will have a shelf life of 6 months..

So we will order after August to ensure they are not outdated. I thought it was a shame they only come in 2 packs or in 6 packs and not available in a 4 pack.

If the official policy requires masking in certain venues for valid health reasons  and some people are not following orders, and if the crew is not making sure all follow the set instructions, are any passengers balsy enough to say something to the people endangering the rest of you?

32 minutes ago, brittany12 said:

are any passengers balsy enough to say something to the people endangering the rest of you?

I would have 10 years ago... now I am just tired.. I would say something to a senior officer the next time I saw one.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, rucrazy said:

Our cruise in December will be the first time we utilize the eMed option.. I had questions so I called the Optum store customer service.. I found out that the test kits that we will order will have a shelf life of 6 months..

So we will order after August to ensure they are not outdated. I thought it was a shame they only come in 2 packs or in 6 packs and not available in a 4 pack.

So eMed and Optum are different companies both using the Abbott BinaxNow antigen test.   Expiration of BinaxNow is 12 months (https://www.health.nd.gov/sites/www/files/documents/Webpage Updates/COVID-19_BinaxNOW_Product_Expiry_Extension.pdf)  Many units show only 9 months so see the above line and you have to check the lot numbers.) eMed sells them in sets of 6 rather than two so it has worked well for us.  Seabourn accepted the results in Dec so do not expect and issue in Mar.  I just looked at optum and emed is cheeped to buy direct.  Optum is selling the eMed Binax now for $70/2 and eMed is $150/6.  Please forgive me if this is view as selling and not just information

31 minutes ago, klkaylor78 said:

Please forgive me

Appreciate the clarification The reason we chose Optum is we don't travel enough for 6 kits at once.

I am so happy there are those that can! Trust on that.. 👍

On 3/10/2022 at 11:57 AM, rucrazy said:

Appreciate the clarification The reason we chose Optum is we don't travel enough for 6 kits at once.

I am so happy there are those that can! Trust on that.. 👍

So I think the idea behind 6 is that we need two to board, two to come home and two just in case. Bad news is that with eMed the sets get registered to the buyers (1-4 people) so you really can't be a back up for someone else. 

• Like 1

So doing some review on our 27 Mar 22 Miami - Monaco trip and I am more confused

by four  different pages of instruction - basic guest protocol, travel to Europe page, travel to Portugal page and departure from US ports - masks and testing rules are all different - I will take three of my favorite masks and make the best of it

All of the pages are available here

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/health-safety/guest-protocols.html - with links to the above named pages

• Like 1

based on the US still keeping up the mask/testing mode and Seabourn still requiring pretesting 6 is still the right number to leave the US, get back to the US and some for back up.  I just saw were some were paying $105 for a rapid PCR to meet the US requirements so....