Freedom replacement room assignment

PSU2LSU

So the Carnival Elation got replaced with the Carnival Freedom for our June cruise out of Port Canaveral.  Sailing with my sister and her family is our family.  We had two rooms for the adults and a connecting room with 5 kids in one room (all inside cabins).  On the Fantasy class ships they allowed 5 in a inside room.  From what I can tell the Carnival Freedom doesn't accommodate 5 passengers for a inside room.  
What will Carnival do in this situation.  The kids room is currently listed as TBA. 

Thanks for any insight anyone can offer in this situation. 

Guess it will depend on the number of connecting cabins both available and needed. Assuming all cabins were linked for dining. They'd have to give the kids 2 cabins if they can not accommodate them in a 5 pax cabin. Each of the adult cabins could have a connecting cabin which would meet your needs.

We had a Lido interior and an upper/lower on deck 5 or 6 when they switched us from Horizon to Sunshine on 12/26. They gave us 2 adjacent interiors on deck 2. We lost a Lido cabin but got a king bed in the other cabin.

2 hours ago, mondello said:

Guess it will depend on the number of connecting cabins both available and needed. Assuming all cabins were linked for dining. They'd have to give the kids 2 cabins if they can not accommodate them in a 5 pax cabin. Each of the adult cabins could have a connecting cabin which would meet your needs.

We had a Lido interior and an upper/lower on deck 5 or 6 when they switched us from Horizon to Sunshine on 12/26. They gave us 2 adjacent interiors on deck 2. We lost a Lido cabin but got a king bed in the other cabin.

Thanks thats makes a lot of sense.  I just noticed that they put 3 empty room between the two sets of parents.  So I assume they are going to try and figure out a way to put 5 kids in 2 of those 3 rooms so they meet the Carnival requirements of someone 12 and under next to the parents and the other kids within 3 rooms. 

On 2/19/2022 at 11:39 AM, PSU2LSU said:

Thanks thats makes a lot of sense.  I just noticed that they put 3 empty room between the two sets of parents.  So I assume they are going to try and figure out a way to put 5 kids in 2 of those 3 rooms so they meet the Carnival requirements of someone 12 and under next to the parents and the other kids within 3 rooms. 

Just make sure you check the booking when the rooms are issued. My change to the Freedom required me to have to call and get my room changed. Was not the same as i had on Elation before the switch