Cruising to Isreal

jhenry1

Yes, cruises are going to Israel. You might have to quarantine for 24 hours at a hotel. Not sure. We just booked an NCL cruise from Haifa in Nov. We were on the NCL Spirit in 2019 and a cruise ship is an excellent way to see Israel and other spots in the Holy Land. We will tour several days before the cruise. 

On 2/25/2022 at 4:58 PM, Markanddonna said:

Yes, cruises are going to Israel. You might have to quarantine for 24 hours at a hotel. Not sure. We just booked an NCL cruise from Haifa in Nov. We were on the NCL Spirit in 2019 and a cruise ship is an excellent way to see Israel and other spots in the Holy Land. We will tour several days before the cruise. 

What about cruises that start in Greece and stop in Israel?  How will they deal with the quarantine rule?   Our cruise is not until October.  Hoping the rule is dropped by then.

2 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

What about cruises that start in Greece and stop in Israel?  How will they deal with the quarantine rule?   Our cruise is not until October.  Hoping the rule is dropped by then.

We booked a Nov cruise from Rome to Israel.  I don't know how we are going to manage to get our COVID testing done as we arrive two days before the cruise. I'm thinking testing has to change or we may have to cancel. We are also wondering if we will have to take a PCR test in Israel and isolate at a hotel until we get cleared. Either way,  cruising may not be the best way to travel at this time. Flying for a land trip seems more practical. Too bad since it is a sensational cruise!

3 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

We booked a Nov cruise from Rome to Israel.  I don't know how we are going to manage to get our COVID testing done as we arrive two days before the cruise. I'm thinking testing has to change or we may have to cancel. We are also wondering if we will have to take a PCR test in Israel and isolate at a hotel until we get cleared. Either way,  cruising may not be the best way to travel at this time. Flying for a land trip seems more practical. Too bad since it is a sensational cruise!

As far as testing 2 days before, the cruiseline sells antigen tests that you can order.  We plan to order it , bring it on the plane, and then take it in Athens.  However, by this Fall, the testing requirements may change.

We have those proctored tests. All kinds of questions. If I take it in Italy, will my proctor speak English?  What is the narrowest window, meaning can I take it the morning of sailing or even the evening before?

You are right that things may very well change. Boy, I hope so!

On 3/4/2022 at 1:44 PM, Markanddonna said:

We have those proctored tests. All kinds of questions. If I take it in Italy, will my proctor speak English?  What is the narrowest window, meaning can I take it the morning of sailing or even the evening before?

You are right that things may very well change. Boy, I hope so!

I don't know how cruise ships will handle the current requirements.  But Oceania has made one type of proctored antigen test available and describes it a little.  And I've seen one description of what's involved.  You need to be able to call, with video, and receive a text with test results, so it's done by smart phone or other device, with the test mailed to you.  You make an appointment, keep the test in the box until your appointment, and do the test by phone (or other video capable device), presumably watched/instructed by an English-speaking proctor.  The results are sent to you immediately. 

Oceania accepts this proctored test, but I don't know if Israel does.  I plan to wait until provided more information from Oceania, but before that, I will likely also be going on this site for information on Israel's requirements: Homepage - Corona Traffic Light Model (Ramzor) Website (health.gov.il). There's a lot of info on that site, but of course nothing specific to cruising, so it's a bit confusing. We are scheduled to be in Haifa and Ashdod in the middle of our cruise, and I'm hoping we can maybe just take a rapid antigen test before or after we arrive.  Then, even if we had to wait until the test is complete, we would be allowed off the ship.  

I believe that a Silver Seas ship (Silver Whisper) is scheduled to go to Ashdod & Haifa April 7, and I believe Oceania is also scheduled around that time.  Maybe we will hear something helpful around that time.  I go in May, and there isn't much time for things to change in Israel.  But I'm hoping it will.