HUMP CABIN HELP

kentlady

We have booked a CS suite 1233 on the Silhouette which is on the hump, I know that the balcony is covered but I’m now worried that we won’t get any sun on it and it will always be in the shade, can anyone who has stayed in this cabin give me some advice please as I’m now wondering if we have done the right thing.

5 minutes ago, kentlady said:

We have booked a CS suite 1233 on the Silhouette which is on the hump, I know that the balcony is covered but I’m now worried that we won’t get any sun on it and it will always be in the shade, can anyone who has stayed in this cabin give me some advice please as I’m now wondering if we have done the right thing.

I don’t know specifically about your cabin but most balconies are covered  by other balconies. The amount of sun you get on your balcony will depend on the month you travel, the direction of the ship and the time of day. There are entire decks outside filled with beautiful sunshine. Personally I prefer my balconies for the sunrises and the sunsets. 

4 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

The CS balcony on deck 11 is shaded with an overhang. It was fantastic, but not good for private sunning. I don't think there are many private balconies on the ship for sunning except possibly those at the very aft of the ship.

Not only the lack of private sunning but when I looked out along the ship, you could see "sights" on other balconies that made me shudder.  I quickly learned to keep my eyes looking out to the distant horizon.  

Thank you for all you replies. I like to sit on the balcony sometimes to relax with a book rather than on deck, not worried too much about the privacy aspect as not going to be doing anything I shouldn’t 🥱 but it was more a question of whether I would be seeing any sun at all, someone said it depended when and where we are cruising so if it helps we are doing the Caribbean end of March/ April.

1 hour ago, kentlady said:

it was more a question of whether I would be seeing any sun at all, someone said it depended when and where we are cruising so if it helps we are doing the Caribbean end of March/ April.

I think you'll have more sun than you'll want.  The Caribbean direct sun is really strong in March/April.  You'll be grateful for some shade too.  The ship will be travelling in different directions on sea days so some mornings will be sunnier for you and other afternoons will be sunnier. You can basically figure out when you'll be in the sun and when you won't be, knowing the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, and whether you're on the port or starboard side of the ship. 

2 hours ago, kentlady said:

Thank you for all you replies. I like to sit on the balcony sometimes to relax with a book rather than on deck, not worried too much about the privacy aspect as not going to be doing anything I shouldn’t 🥱 but it was more a question of whether I would be seeing any sun at all, someone said it depended when and where we are cruising so if it helps we are doing the Caribbean end of March/ April.

In my experience, you will get sun early morning or later afternoon depending on the direction the ship is heading.  The overhang will protect you when the sun is strongest as it will be directly overhead. If I wanted sun, I had to go in the area by the pool around mid day.