Cancelling 1 person from a 2 person booking

Kaks99

Hi

I have a booking on Wonder of the Seas for 2 adults in an Inside Cabin and now 1 of the adults cannot go.  It was suggested I wait till embarkation and report them as a no-show which will reduce the risk of being charged but my question relates to drinks packages.  Because we were in the same room, I had to buy us both drinks packages but will I still get 1 of these refunded if they are a no show?

Thanks

Kevin

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Has the price gone up? Depends on price but if I could I'd cancel before final payment so for sure I got the solo pts but right now I'm pushing for pts. Some who booked for 2 and canc last minute didnt get awarded solo pts.

Thanks for reply but I do not want to contact them prior to boarding as have seen so many post saying they get charged a single price rather than double occupancy which is often, weirdly, higher.  Just want to know if a no show, will they get their drinks package refunded

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Has the price gone up? Depends on price but if I could I'd cancel before final payment so for sure I got the solo pts but right now I'm pushing for pts. Some who booked for 2 and canc last minute didnt get awarded solo pts.

I got the double points when my roommate no-showed and I sailed solo.  That was in 2019 so maybe things have changed

to the OP, everything was refunded for that person except for the actual cruise fare.  Any extras and port charges were credited back to the card

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Interesting. Had one couple yrs ago was cheaper leave second passenger on and no show. One those weird Royal IT/Pricing issues where was Cheaper for 2 passenger then SOLO even with my 340+ Discount. Just had ask and received my Double Points after Sailing

• Like 1