RCCL cancels cruise booked under double points promo; FCC issued "carries" double points

pcur

I just got off the phone with the C&A desk at RCCL.  I was told their new policy is if a cruise booked originally within the limits of the Double Points Promo (DPP) is cancelled BY RCCL, any FCC issued entitles you to receive double points for the new cruise.  The new cruise at this point is outside the DPP.

Does anyone have any documentation about this: a link to the website explaining it; a letter, anything?

My cruise isn't until May 2022, and I really would like to have something in writing about this.  I'll call my TA to see if they can get something documented for me.

Thanks for any info, help, links, and good thoughts....................................

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I just got off the phone with the C&A desk at RCCL.  I was told their new policy is if a cruise booked originally within the limits of the Double Points Promo (DPP) is cancelled BY RCCL, any FCC issued entitles you to receive double points for the new cruise.  The new cruise at this point is outside the DPP.

I'd love to hear from somebody who has already used the FCC and had the points applied.  The letter makes it seem like it's easy as 1 2 3, but my experience with Royal is it rarely is.  Our make up cruises are in August/September.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I'd love to hear from somebody who has already used the FCC and had the points applied.  The letter makes it seem like it's easy as 1 2 3, but my experience with Royal is it rarely is.  Our make up cruises are in August/September.

Ha!

When I rebooked a cancelled Symphony cruise the agent documented the double points promotion in the record but said to be sure to check that it was applied after the cruise.  She didn't sound too confident that RCCL would do it automatically.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

I did have it confirmed by phone today with the D+ C&A phone rep that any cruise cancelled by RCCL where the FCC is used for another cruise, the double points eligibility carry over to the new cruise.  

I also found an article online about this, but that's not very official.  I think I will ask my TA to call and request the information be forwarded to them/me.

Just now, yogimax said:

Ha!

When I rebooked a cancelled Symphony cruise the agent documented the double points promotion in the record but said to be sure to check that it was applied after the cruise.  She didn't sound too confident that RCCL would do it automatically.

That's why I want something from RCCL documenting this, or at least on their web site where I can download the web page.

• Like 1

This is a link to Michael Bayley's post on Facebook addressing the double points and FCCs. It's possible that Cruise Critic will obscure the URL, so just fix it up with the appropriate domain.

https://www.facebook.com/MichaelBayleyRoyalCaribbean/posts/404579781455536

Edited by dswallow