Help me select a Haven Courtyard Penthouse on Joy

mafig

17130 is a handicap-accessible suite. If it is being offered to the general public (e.g., it's a last-minute cruise)  you should know that it is just one big room (couch and bed in the same room.) The other Courtyard Penthouse cabins are two separate rooms (living room and bedroom.)  17130 also does not have a shower door (just a shower curtain.)  There are some other differences as well.

I am disabled, so I would have to choose that cabin, but if I wasn't I would definitely prefer the regular layout.

• Thanks 1

I'd leave the HC cabin even if they let you take it. If someone has a disability and wasn't able to get a room precruise because there was none available, NCL is going to move you at some point on the first day and I'd hate to have to move all my stuff. This happened to someone across the hall from us one time and they made a huge fuss about being moved (I would have done so willingly but it's still an inconvenience) 

I've also gotten assigned a HC cabin before when I did a GTY booking and as @pcakes122says, there are some features with a HC room you may not enjoy, like no shower door and a doorbell (which we had kids pressing ALL the time) 

I would choose 17132, because it would most likely be the quietest out of all of those and it's closer to the stairs/elevator./bar lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

I prefer the HC suite when available. In general we like the port suites which are the 171**

(Just back from a 12 day where the only available suite was the 2 bedroom. I was using a scooter and I really appreciated that extra wide door in the HC.)

Edited by valleyvillage

Haven courtyards again are one room, no seperate bedroom. If that’s something your looking for I recommend the Haven Aft suite, huge balcony private bedroom but outside the haven complex

• Like 1