Retreat lounge at Port Everglades

go.without.you

16 hours ago, peanut head said:

Equinox in October out of FLL

There are 3 Equinox sailings from FLL in October. I think there is only one day with two X ships in port.  

October 6 Thursday Equinox
October 15 Saturday Equinox and Infinity
October 24 Monday Equinox

My guess this the Equinox will be at T25.

Heads up for those embarking and disembarking from Terminal 29. This terminal is so old they do NOT have facial recognition for CBP re-entry and one MUST present their Passports for re-entry. 

For those that have Global Entry there's a separate line but make sure you have your card to show proof of program participation. We disembarked today in Terminal 29 and we always have our Global Entry cards with us. We were able to skip the main line which had a queue of about 20 people. 

12 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Heads up for those embarking and disembarking from Terminal 29. This terminal is so old they do NOT have facial recognition for CBP re-entry and one MUST present their Passports for re-entry. 

For those that have Global Entry there's a separate line but make sure you have your card to show proof of program participation. We disembarked today in Terminal 29 and we always have our Global Entry cards with us. We were able to skip the main line which had a queue of about 20 people. 

Indeed - it was strange yesterday having to go face-to-face with a customs agent! 

Hope you had a nice cruise - we never met, but no doubt crossed paths.  🙂

Tom

On 2/22/2022 at 5:57 PM, go.without.you said:

Anyone know what time the Retreat lounge opens? Last time I got there about 11 and we boarded at 1130. I was thinking of getting there earlier and taking advantage of the continental breakfast. I'll be staying at a hotel the night before and why pay for their breakfast when I can get the Celebrity one instead, right?

Don't get your hopes up too high. Slim pickings.

IMG_1243.jpeg

Just now, morpheusofthesea said:

Don't get your hopes up too high. Slim pickings.

IMG_1243.jpeg

It's perhaps a 30 minute wait time to board, really, how much do you want them to serve.  Coffee/juice and a muffin, works for me

5 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It's perhaps a 30 minute wait time to board, really, how much do you want them to serve.  Coffee/juice and a muffin, works for me

Sorry, take a closer look. No muffins. One will have to settle for a croissant. 

We were first through the door on this cruise so what you see is what you get. We had breakfast before we left for the port. Just took photos for posterity.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, peanut head said:

If I understand this thread correctly, Term. 25 is not exclusively for the Edge series ships?  I am on the Equinox in October out of FLL and there is a possibility that this would be my terminal?  If not, and it is Term. 29, is there any insider information for where I would find the Retreat check-in?  So much has been written about the Retreat check-in location and luggage drop-off for Term. 25.  Lastly, when and where would I find out which terminal I go to? 

I think it is the other way around. Terminal 25 is for E class ships and Terminal 29 is for S class when E class is 'in town'. We were on the Equinox August 01,2021 and December 22, 2021 and both times we left from Terminal 25 (no E class there) and we parked across the street in the parking garage (15 minute walk to Terminal 25) . Both times we returned to Terminal 29 (1 1/4 miles away from parking garage). Celebrity provides a few shuttles from Terminal 29 to the parking garage. We were not notified until 2 days before the end of the cruise. The lines for the shuttle can be long. the shuttle driver has to load all the luggage and takes 10 passengers at a time and unloads everyone in front of the garage. Those passengers that require a porter (us, DW travels with 11 suitcases) will drop all your bags off at the shuttle line. There is no help at the garage and police will not let passengers retrieve their car and load luggage in front of garage. We had to drag our bags one by one to our car in the garage (that was our August cruise). December I left DW with her bags at the curb in front of Terminal 29 and took the shuttle alone to parking garage. Yes, I went back to Terminal 29 to pick her and her bags up.

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Sorry, take a closer look. No muffins. One will have to settle for a croissant. 

We were first through the door on this cruise so what you see is what you get. We had breakfast before we left for the port. Just took photos for posterity.

You say tomatoe, I say tomato, and of course you were first through the door.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

... I left DW with her bags at the curb in front of Terminal 29 and took the shuttle alone to parking garage. Yes, I went back to Terminal 29 to pick her and her bags up.

That's what we did yesterday. 

I recall one Celebrity sailing (a few years back) where we left from one terminal and returned to another. The difference in our experience was that we were never informed of the switch (they never made sure I got the memo, or the memo was never issued). It was not until we woke up, looked out from our balcony, and saw a much different landscape - that we knew something was up. It was one of those "this is nice" moments. 🙂

Tom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1