Excursions Wait List

racj846

For a cruise this June an excursion we would like to take shows "Sold Out' for the morning trip and '0 Tickets, Waitlist Open' for the afternoon trip.

Despite a diligent search, I see nowhere to add our names to a waitlist.  Any idea as to where this is hiding in the personalizer, or is it an onboard waitlist?

In my experience, you should not count on clearing the waitlist.  

If you are able to phone and get put on the waitlist, check as soon as you can once onboard to make sure shoreside sent the list to the ship.  

My experience is that they put all available seats on sale on the website, and they don't add more "buses" once we are onboard dealing with the onboard shorex desk.    Clearing the waitlist means someone else cancelled.    This is based on a conversation with the onboard shore excursions manager when we were in a similar position.  

I'd advise you make other plans as well.   

We see "SOLD OUT" for an excursion we were interested in for Sept., but there's no "Waitlist Open" note. We very seldom do ship excursions, so don't know if there's any likelihood of them adding more tickets on the website at some point. (By the way, we went ahead and got tickets for a different excursion, thinking we would cancel and change if more tickets are added.)  Anybody had any experience with this?

On 2/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, konatyme said:

We see "SOLD OUT" for an excursion we were interested in for Sept., but there's no "Waitlist Open" note. We very seldom do ship excursions, so don't know if there's any likelihood of them adding more tickets on the website at some point. (By the way, we went ahead and got tickets for a different excursion, thinking we would cancel and change if more tickets are added.)  Anybody had any experience with this?

We are having a problem with booking an excursion also for our June 25 cruise on the Royal. The excursion we want to book says there are two tickets left but when we go to reserve it say not available. Anyone encounter this. I’ve tried chat and also talked to a rep but have not got a straight answer. Thanks to anyone who can help

Things have apparently  changed from several years ago.

I remember being able to get on a waitlist when using the Personalizer to book excursions.

Most of the time by the time we boarded we had cleared the waitlist and the tickets were waiting for us in our cabin.

Waitlist or not, as soon as you board go to the shore excursion desk and try to get the excursion you want. If the desk is not open, put the request in the drop box there using a form that should be available there.