Carnival Spirit - No Shore Excursions

Cadikat

I just booked a back to back on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska in June 2022.  (June 9th and June 15th)

There are no excursions listed for purchase on the website for  either cruise. I called carnival customer service, but it was a new rep. And she did not know why.   Does anyone know why?

It’s only a little over three months out. It just seems odd. This will be our first Alaskan cruise. I don’t want to cruise if there are no excursions. 

8 hours ago, Cadikat said:

I just booked a back to back on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska in June 2022.  (June 9th and June 15th)

There are no excursions listed for purchase on the website for  either cruise. I called carnival customer service, but it was a new rep. And she did not know why.   Does anyone know why?

It’s only a little over three months out. It just seems odd. This will be our first Alaskan cruise. I don’t want to cruise if there are no excursions. 

They are still working out the changes for all of us that were booked on the Freedom to Alaska.  We are supposed to be notified on March 1 about our changes and were told that the excursions would appear at that time for those that we lost due to the change.  They are also trying to work things out with the Canadian government regarding the port of Victoria.  I am Canadian but personally hoping that we do not stop in Victoria due to only been there for 4hrs and have longer time in Ketchikan like we did last year

48 minutes ago, dbrucern said:

They are still working out the changes for all of us that were booked on the Freedom to Alaska.  We are supposed to be notified on March 1 about our changes and were told that the excursions would appear at that time for those that we lost due to the change.  They are also trying to work things out with the Canadian government regarding the port of Victoria.  I am Canadian but personally hoping that we do not stop in Victoria due to only been there for 4hrs and have longer time in Ketchikan like we did last year

I am sure it is a logistics issue with the ship swap and loading to the website

John Heald's post on FB earlier today ...

"Good morning, I want to just quickly give you a few words about our incredible Alaskan season that is coming soon.

We appreciate your patience as we continue to work out details on our summer cruises to Alaska. With the modifications to protocols the CDC announced last week, we are hopeful of getting more clarity specific to Alaska very soon. The issue at the moment is still about resolving Canadian government requirements. If that cannot be worked out promptly, the industry will seek to have government regulations suspended like what took place last year, and our itineraries will bypass Canada altogether.
As a reminder, children under 5 years of age do not require a vaccine or an exemption to the vaccine requirements. Requests for exemptions for other guests will continue to be processed, but we must remind you that there is no guarantee that we can accommodate all vaccine exemption requests and continue to encourage guests to be fully vaccinated.
We are also working very hard to prepare all of the Alaskan excursions so once the information is all set you will see some brilliant and quite extraordinary Alaskan excursions on our website and I will be highlighting a lot of them here.
So again, thank you for your patience and I really do look forward to cruising in Alaska myself on May 24 and I hope to see some of you there."

Thanks for this post.  Makes sense to bypass Victoria and let us stay in Ketchikan longer!  The times are so short in both, that it's almost ridiculous to try and include another stop.

I'm watching it every day for excursions, since I know from the Platinum VIFP FB group, they were aware of the delays of any tour listings yet.