FV Aft corner cabin or Celebrity Suite on Millenium

Redokie

I really love balconies and the FV corner aft is huge! But is the Celebrity Suite worth moving-up to on the Millenium. The retreat is not really a big deal on this ship. Is the butler worth getting a smaller balcony?  We don't do alcohol.

11 minutes ago, Redokie said:

I really love balconies and the FV corner aft is huge! But is the Celebrity Suite worth moving-up to on the Millenium. The retreat is not really a big deal on this ship. Is the butler worth getting a smaller balcony?  We don't do alcohol.

The CS is a marmite suite, people love it or hate it. I am in the hate it group. I have seen it but never cruised in it. 

Reasons for dislike..

Totally inside bedroom.

Bathroom, the tub is really high up to step in/out of.

Very narrow balcony.

What I did like…

Large lounge area.

Big windows.

Offers two separate sleeping areas, useful if you are a party of three.

As I say, it is a marmite suite, I am sure others will come on saying they love it!

Never visited the FV but did see it’s balcony when looking up from deck 6, it does look a really good size!

Re suite perks, depends on what is important to you….

• Like 2

We were in a similar situation for an upcoming Infinity cruise FV or S2 suite. We plumped for the suite because I got in early and secured it for not much more than the the FV price and it included the perks you get premium drinks, OBC and unlimited wifi.

Now if the suite had been a lot more in price then I'm not sure I would have gone for it.

• Like 1

We loved the FV aft on Constellation and definitely would not have swapped for a suite! The bedroom had plenty of room, amd then a lovely living area screened off, and that huge balcony at the back, it was bliss! If you are not big on drinking, or dont mind not having Luminae access then just stick with the FV and keep the change! 

• Like 2

For us it would hands down be the Celebrity Suite!  I love an aft facing cabin but the CS’s on the M class suites are the best of the entire Celebrity fleet (although the bathroom is not ideal).   It is well laid out and larger than Celebrity suites on S & E ships. 

Edited by NCHPcruiser
  • Like 1

We have stayed in both a corner aft and a CS and loved them both for the space and separate bedroom .  If we’re had to choose between the 2 we would choose the CS.  The primary reason is we dislike the MDR, noisy, crowded etc.  The CS on M Class gives us Luminae (not a big fan) and the option to order from Blu & MDR menus.  We like the Retreat Lounge, the included Premium Beverage pkg, OBC & stream wi-fi, the dining table in the CS, the priority embarkation, debarkation, tendering and the many other little extras. 

• Like 2