Binax now availability

medi130

On 2/23/2022 at 4:38 PM, nwcruiselover said:

Has anyone used Carnival wifi to do a proctored test?  Just wondering whether either the value plan or premium is fast enough for that.  This would be to test for returning to the US after a TA cruise.

Hi

I got some responses to this question, as I need one to return to Canada after my cruise. 

It seems it is a definite maybe. It would come down to how reliable the wifi is on that particular ship. One person did say they were able to do the test with no problem. One person said that technically, it should work, but... and that is the problem as I see it. If you start the test and there is an interruption in the wifi signal, you wouldn't be able to start over again. What I gather from what was said is that you would be more likely to be successful if you are on one of the newer ships. 

Edited by Nic6318

1 hour ago, braveslake said:

The ones I just got last week have expiration date of 12/28/22

Ours we got for the cruise we just got off of yesterday were all 12/28/22exp. I'm hoping that they'll still be good, thru an extension Hopefully for our Bermuda one in February tho!😊 

Actually I'd be happier than a pig in mud IF all this was over by then! Haha a girl can dream!!!

On 2/25/2022 at 12:59 AM, luckybecky said:

We have done the eMed tests twice. Once, when we thought we had covid (we did), and then just last week before our Breeze cruise. On both occasions, I helped my husband and it was not a problem at all. He is not really very computer savvy and was nervous about the test. I did my test first, so I knew the procedure. And then I helped him through his test. At no time were we told that he could not have help. 

But with that said, it is pretty easy to do. The proctors have a script that is very easy to follow. They were patient about repeating instructions if we didn't hear them clearly. I didn't have to help my husband very much. 

But I agree with you, it is nerve wracking to do this pre cruise. I also made sure the house was quiet and no one would disturb us. I also had a backup kit in case there was any failure with the first one. 

Yea, my DH is not computer savy AT ALL! LoL!! So I was in his face like a drill Sargent, LoL! giving him play-by-play instructions not to mention the audio was less than accommodating. Nonetheless, we made it through and I am totally happy to do it again when we sail March 12... LoL!!! 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:56 PM, CruisinTrkrs3 said:

Ours we got for the cruise we just got off of yesterday were all 12/28/22exp. I'm hoping that they'll still be good, thru an extension Hopefully for our Bermuda one in February tho!😊 

Actually I'd be happier than a pig in mud IF all this was over by then! Haha a girl can dream!!!

Yeah, I just posted a thread this morning about my kits. They were free at our local library with expiration of 11/5. We used 3 for 12/26 with the 3 month extension they issued. Found out they issued another 3 month extension, prolonging use from 2/5 to 5/5. We will now be able to use them for our 3/26 cruise. Took me a month to confirm that the second extension was valid on my kits.

Free kits, free testing, free cabin, free drinks. It's like that commercial, free, free, free...

• Like 1