Tui charter flight and baby buggy

MX-Drew

This is the strangest thing I think I have posted but here goes.

This May my wife and I are on a fly cruise out of Malta with our son, his wife and their two small children. The daughter-in-law has asked me about the buggy they intend to take, I should add this is the first time they have been abroad with the children and also their first cruise. As I said they are intending to take a buggy for their two year old so that when queuing to board the ship and exploring ashore it will make life easier.

The question, if they take the buggy through to plane I know it will be taken from them and put in the hold but as the luggage is taken straight to the ship when will she be able to retrieve it? 

Wheel chairs are made available from the hold as soon as you leave the plane. I would imagine buggies are treated in a similar way. These are not checked in along with luggage at check in desk but are taken from you at the plane door. On our cruise to Barbados the wheel chair was waiting for us at the foot of the stairs from the aircraft. 

10 minutes ago, kevboy said:

Wheel chairs are made available from the hold as soon as you leave the plane. I would imagine buggies are treated in a similar way. These are not checked in along with luggage at check in desk but are taken from you at the plane door. On our cruise to Barbados the wheel chair was waiting for us at the foot of the stairs from the aircraft. 

A good point re wheel chairs but it would be interesting to hear from someone who has taken a buggy on Tui.

I've answered on the other thread re suitable seats on the coach.

Re buggy on the plane. When you check in, you need to ask for it to be returned at the plane door. The buggy then gets tagged differently showing that it needs to be returned at the plane door - like the wheelchairs. Even wheelchairs are not automatically returned unless you ask at check in.

When disembarking, your cabin crew should be able to tell you where the return point is. If you have an airbridge, its normally at the top of the airbridge where it meets the physical building. If you're parked on a stand then normally its the bottom of the stairs from the plane. 

39 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

I've answered on the other thread re suitable seats on the coach.

Re buggy on the plane. When you check in, you need to ask for it to be returned at the plane door. The buggy then gets tagged differently showing that it needs to be returned at the plane door - like the wheelchairs. Even wheelchairs are not automatically returned unless you ask at check in.

When disembarking, your cabin crew should be able to tell you where the return point is. If you have an airbridge, its normally at the top of the airbridge where it meets the physical building. If you're parked on a stand then normally its the bottom of the stairs from the plane. 

Great information. I wonder it you can confirm what happens to our hold luggage now we have booked a private transfer. Can we opt for the luggage to go straight to the ship?

7 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Great information. I wonder it you can confirm what happens to our hold luggage now we have booked a private transfer. Can we opt for the luggage to go straight to the ship?

I believe if you are on a charter flight, the entire luggage from the plane goes to the ship. It’s based on flight not transfer method but checkin should be able to confirm.