Soda package question

jstewartgt

I'm pretty sure that the soda package is not included for my kids on our upcoming cruise.  We have the drink package, but as I've seen mentioned on other places on the forum, the 3-8 do not get the soda package in lieu of.

We typically limit the kids to a couple a day and in reality it's usually one at dinner if we are eating out.   Other problem is we are 100% a Coke family when it comes to soda.  So paying over $100 for soda seems a bit steep and may not be what they are interested in anyway.  How much does it cost for a soda at dinner?  

Is the package more expensive on board than it is ahead of time?  I can't seem to find it on the app, but I did find it on the web

We were on the Epic in Europe.  The wait staff was always happy to bring our kids a drink along with our adult beverages.  I don't think they were supposed to but it would have been no different than me ordering a glass of wine and a soda.

10 minutes ago, Starflyr3 said:

In your situation, not as much as the package.  

Fair, but just because we do it normally doesn't mean we will limit to the same level on vacation.  Just trying to figure out what makes sense.  My younger one is not happy about the kids club being closed so we will be making some allowances for that.  Still keeping my fingers crossed on that one, but I don't have a lot of hope

A la carte price for soda is so high, anything more than 1 per day  makes it better to buy the package (either $7.95pppd or $5.95pppd +20%).

The staff might give them a soda without charge but nothing is guaranteed. I would just pay for the package and not worry about the cost of going a la carte. 

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

A la carte price for soda is so high, anything more than 1 per day  makes it better to buy the package (either $7.95pppd or $5.95pppd +20%).

The staff might give them a soda without charge but nothing is guaranteed. I would just pay for the package and not worry about the cost of going a la carte. 

Perfect, thank you!

hopefully, you are aware that ncl offers only pepsi products, so if youre really a 100% coke family youre all going to be disappointed .

that being said however, i prefer my pepsi's in a can, and before covid, they were charging me almost $3.00 per. i had the drink package so i think by the glass was included, but i usually have 3-4 per day, so i budgeted in an additional $100 or so to cover the costs.

Just now, complawyer said:

hopefully, you are aware that ncl offers only pepsi products, so if youre really a 100% coke family youre all going to be disappointed .

that being said however, i prefer my pepsi's in a can, and before covid, they were charging me almost $3.00 per. i had the drink package so i think by the glass was included, but i usually have 3-4 per day, so i budgeted in an additional $100 or so to cover the costs.

Haha, yep, but it is what it is.  I'm guessing my kids will drink most Sierra Mist and Shirley temples and who knows, maybe they will like it better.   I'm a little afraid of what might happen if they try Mountain Dew, lol

well, i'm 74 and have been drinking pepsi for 69 of those years and i am still breathing, warm and as functional as a 74 year old can be.

i definitely prefer pepsi over coke. my advice is give it a shot, an ice cold pepsi (imho) hits the spot!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jstewartgt said:

Haha, yep, but it is what it is.  I'm guessing my kids will drink most Sierra Mist and Shirley temples and who knows, maybe they will like it better.   I'm a little afraid of what might happen if they try Mountain Dew, lol

Ding Dong question - would Shirley Temples be included in the soda package?  I'm a Coke drinker too and we have the soda package ... not crazy about Pepsi products (I was hoping to see root beer on the list, but it's not) but I would enjoy a Shirley Temple if that was included; I'm not trying to pay $8 for it outside of the package though.

42 minutes ago, mearsfansinboise said:

Ding Dong question - would Shirley Temples be included in the soda package?  I'm a Coke drinker too and we have the soda package ... not crazy about Pepsi products (I was hoping to see root beer on the list, but it's not) but I would enjoy a Shirley Temple if that was included; I'm not trying to pay $8 for it outside of the package though.

My kids drank a lot of Shirley temples with their soda packages.

• Thanks 1