Pressing Clothes in YC

detwings

This will only be our 2nd time in the MSC Yacht Club.  The first was only a 4 day cruise.  We will be cruising 7 days on the Seashore.  I have a quick question regrding butler services.  Would we be able to give him my husbands sports coat just to be pressed?  Thank you so much.  Just have never used the butler for special requests and wanted to make sure this is something we could have done.

1 minute ago, detwings said:

This will only be our 2nd time in the MSC Yacht Club.  The first was only a 4 day cruise.  We will be cruising 7 days on the Seashore.  I have a quick question regrding butler services.  Would we be able to give him my husbands sports coat just to be pressed?  Thank you so much.  Just have never used the butler for special requests and wanted to make sure this is something we could have done.

Technically that would fall under the list of items for a charge.

1 hour ago, detwings said:

We always do that as soon as we unpack.

We end up getting the items back in less than 30 minutes. Yes 30 minutes.

It's not cheap.

Last month it was $9.50 for each of my wife's dresses and 2 months ago it was $11.50 I think for a jacket.

We booked a pre-paid Laundry package (20 pieces for $21) on MSC Seashore last December. Each item counts as 1 piece. T-Shirt, Shirt, Trousers, Boxer-Shorts, Suit, Tie, etc.

Check on order sheet “Laundry” , “Dry Cleaning”. Laundry Package is offered for 10, 20 or 40 pieces with even more saving.

Dry-cleaning trousers $8.49 on land vs. $1.05 on the ship.

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

We booked a pre-paid Laundry package (20 pieces for $21) on MSC Seashore last December. Each item counts as 1 piece. T-Shirt, Shirt, Trousers, Boxer-Shorts, Suit, Tie, etc.

Check on order sheet “Laundry” , “Dry Cleaning”. Laundry Package is offered for 10, 20 or 40 pieces with even more saving.

Dry-cleaning trousers $8.49 on land vs. $1.05 on the ship.

Didn't work for us.  Laundry meant LAUNDRY.  It was not valid on Dry cleaning regardless of what was checked.  Can you please give more info?  Were you in YC?

laundry.docx

Edited by Morgsmom

32 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

Didn't work for us.  Laundry meant LAUNDRY.  It was not valid on Dry cleaning regardless of what was checked.  Can you please give more info?  Were you in YC?

laundry.docx 52.04 kB · 6 downloads

We had no problem with the Laundry Package in Yacht Club on all of our cruises, even splitting a 40-piece package into 2 parts.

I had dress pants dry-cleaned, suit and tie. DW had dresses and silk blouse dry-cleaned.

We marked the order sheet accordingly.

Another option is to choose between “folded” and “on hanger”, we picked “on hanger” during the cruise and “folded” for packing suitcase.

The prices on the order sheet apply when you have no pre-paid Laundry Package.

Yes, we were in Yacht Club.

569CCC59-D978-4A16-9105-8779426B7B01.jpeg

550615B6-2C00-46F5-BCD7-A7385ED7AF59.jpeg

96140E86-855F-420F-9350-7A1F007B0D72.jpeg

233030BC-B9DF-4AA7-92D8-5134E64AED02.jpeg

Edited by SirWolf