Anyone affected by the Freedom/Spirit swap in Sept. gotten their cabin assignments yet?

farjar

When we were notified Carnival was switching our Sept. Panama Canal booking from the Freedom to the Spirit they said we should receive our new cabin assignments by March 1st.  I realize that is still a week away but I wondered if they were slowing rolling them out or whether everyone would hear at the same time.  I haven't been able to book dining, excursions, etc. and was hoping to do so soon.

New cabin assignment out today.originally we had side by side balcony cabins.new cabins are on opposite decks.called my pvp talked to her supervisor she was very rude said ship was booked full no changes.asked if we could cancel and get a refund she said no. This was not the ship I booked and not the side by side balconies 

It looks like they just expanded the swap through the 2023 season as we got an email today for our cruise in Aug 2023.  

A bit nervous as we'd booked a 4J room at the front of the ship, and I have no idea what is considered comparible on the Spirit.

We love Conquest class ships.  Just comfortable for my wife & I.  DID have 5 B2B's scheduled for Jan - Feb 2023 on Freedom out of Miami. 36 days total of 8, 6, 8, 6, 8.  Booked far enough in advance to NOT have to change rooms.  Plus, our group loves to have drinks, play cornhole... up on deck 11.  Now, a 5 yr older, much smaller ship coming from a place I doubt even knows what cornhole boards are... not to mention we have 4 other cruises scheduled between now and then and have already had 2 of those canceled.  So, a ship AND location change... been trying for a week to find out why VISTA no longer seems to have cornhole boards in the two locations they have always had them without success...  ***** is getting old.  Diamond, been a loyal customer, but may have to start comparing lines with more of an open mind. 

Btw, while I'm ranting, anyone here been on Vista recently?  Know if cornhole boards are still outside by the Red Frog Brewery on deck 5, or if any up on the Sports Square where they used to be?  Was told by a friend who was on board in October they weren't. 

Be great to know if back up now. 

Thanks and happy sailing to all!!

Dan 

Checked our reservation and we have gone from an assigned inside cabin midship near an elevator to a TBA.  Looks like we are now a "guarantee".  Talked to a Carnival rep and she was not able to tell me when we will receive our new cabin number.  Probably won't hear until after final payment in June.

I had book a nice aft extended balcony, and it now shows as TBA. The Spirit has far fewer aft cabins than Freedom, so some ox's will gored. It also appears that the balconies are a tiny bit smaller on Spirit than Freedom.

I cannot criticize Carnival for making the change. They had two ships that were not non-performing assets worth hundreds of millions in the South Pacific through no fault of the company. Ms. Duffy made the right decision to move the ships to the states.

What is killing me is the suspense. It's a little like having a lotto ticket in your pocket before the drawing. You either have a big win coming, or you get little or nothing. What ever happens I console myself I will be cruising the Panama Canal (old locks a plus for me) satisfying a fascination since childhood about the canal. 

3 minutes ago, Moviela said:

I had book a nice aft extended balcony, and it now shows as TBA. The Spirit has far fewer aft cabins than Freedom, so some ox's will gored. It also appears that the balconies are a tiny bit smaller on Spirit than Freedom.

I cannot criticize Carnival for making the change. They had two ships that were not non-performing assets worth hundreds of millions in the South Pacific through no fault of the company. Ms. Duffy made the right decision to move the ships to the states.

What is killing me is the suspense. It's a little like having a lotto ticket in your pocket before the drawing. You either have a big win coming, or you get little or nothing. What ever happens I console myself I will be cruising the Panama Canal (old locks a plus for me) satisfying a fascination since childhood about the canal. 

I think the TBA's will be gone after March 12, assuming you didn't book a garentee to begin with. This type of rollover on this scale can't be easy, and the email seems to try and encourage you to not look till then lol.

I totally understand what you mean by the suspense!  That's the killer, even if I'm not upset by the change.  Your also 100% right about the moves.  They are in no position to leave ships idle when they could be in business.

I am nervous about the swap. I love the ship itself. I haven't sailed on Spirit, but I have sailed on Legend. The ship class is wonderful. My worry is what kind of cabin they will put us in. We had a Grand suite booked. Freedom had 10 Grand suites and 2 Captain's suites. Spirit has 0 Captain's suites and only 6 Grand suites. My math might not be stellar, but even I can figure out that there will be some unhappy campers. Can they really downgrade us and not, at the very least, compensate us for the price difference? I would be disappointed to go from my Grand suite to an Ocean suite, but life goes on. However, if they move us AND keep our money . . .then I would most definitely have a problem. Am I being unreasonable?

19 minutes ago, CGrey93 said:

I am nervous about the swap. I love the ship itself. I haven't sailed on Spirit, but I have sailed on Legend. The ship class is wonderful. My worry is what kind of cabin they will put us in. We had a Grand suite booked. Freedom had 10 Grand suites and 2 Captain's suites. Spirit has 0 Captain's suites and only 6 Grand suites. My math might not be stellar, but even I can figure out that there will be some unhappy campers. Can they really downgrade us and not, at the very least, compensate us for the price difference? I would be disappointed to go from my Grand suite to an Ocean suite, but life goes on. However, if they move us AND keep our money . . .then I would most definitely have a problem. Am I being unreasonable?

I hope everyone on this thread reports back here once they've got their assignments and see how this is handled.  

I totally agree that you shouldn't be downgraded at the same rate you booked.  Honestly have no idea how this situation is handled.  Do they call people and try to figure something out?  Maybe offer a different room/rate or different sailing?

Your also assuming that your sailing was sold out.  If it wasn't, then the problem may not be as significant.

28 minutes ago, Indytraveler83 said:

I hope everyone on this thread reports back here once they've got their assignments and see how this is handled.  

I totally agree that you shouldn't be downgraded at the same rate you booked.  Honestly have no idea how this situation is handled.  Do they call people and try to figure something out?  Maybe offer a different room/rate or different sailing?

Your also assuming that your sailing was sold out.  If it wasn't, then the problem may not be as significant.

The last I looked (about a week before being notified of the ship change), both Captain's Suites were booked and 9 out of 10 of the Grand Suites. Very stressful. I completely understand why Carnival is doing what they're doing, but it is still upsetting. If I knew we had the option to change to a different cruise, get a refund, or were guaranteed a price adjustment and OBC, it would at least make me feel some sense of control. I don't want to get all nutty over something that may not even turn out to be an issue, but it is weighing on my mind. I have read where people have been changed with NO compensation at all, and that just doesn't sound right. Can you imagine paying an extra $3500 for a captain's suite and then getting bumped to a Grand suite and being told, tough luck? The price difference for a grand suite and ocean suite is not as dramatic. I think it was about $1000, but still, that's a big deal for us. In our case, the ship, the cabin, the VIP experience, are the point of the trip. I have 8 kids. 6 adopted from foster care. Getting away for a week and being pampered is what we look forward to most. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CGrey93 said:

The last I looked (about a week before being notified of the ship change), both Captain's Suites were booked and 9 out of 10 of the Grand Suites. Very stressful. I completely understand why Carnival is doing what they're doing, but it is still upsetting. If I knew we had the option to change to a different cruise, get a refund, or were guaranteed a price adjustment and OBC, it would at least make me feel some sense of control. I don't want to get all nutty over something that may not even turn out to be an issue, but it is weighing on my mind. I have read where people have been changed with NO compensation at all, and that just doesn't sound right. Can you imagine paying an extra $3500 for a captain's suite and then getting bumped to a Grand suite and being told, tough luck? The price difference for a grand suite and ocean suite is not as dramatic. I think it was about $1000, but still, that's a big deal for us. In our case, the ship, the cabin, the VIP experience, are the point of the trip. I have 8 kids. 6 adopted from foster care. Getting away for a week and being pampered is what we look forward to most. 

Oh yeah, I get where you are coming from for sure!  Hopefully you get some good answers in a week or two!  Please let us know how it shakes out!

My cruises (B2B) are January 2023 and are not showing yet.  Assuming the same booking numbers will be used anyways.  My TA for the booking is on the Sailabration cruise right now but there is plenty of time for things to get straightened out.  It's the second ship change for the cruise.  Kinda over it!  Not a fan of the Spirit class ship but oh well!

How is everyone continuing to check their booking and see their cabin as TBA? My email said they would be closing my current booking while they work on the transfer, and sure enough, my original booking is no longer coming up in my account. In fact, I can’t access my VIFP account at all (past cruises, etc.) Every time I log in, it asks for my booking number (which of course is now invalid) and when I try to bypass that, it completely kicks me out. 

This is my first ship replacement so I’m interested to see how this all shakes out. 

On 3/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, SummerXU said:

How is everyone continuing to check their booking and see their cabin as TBA? My email said they would be closing my current booking while they work on the transfer, and sure enough, my original booking is no longer coming up in my account. In fact, I can’t access my VIFP account at all (past cruises, etc.) Every time I log in, it asks for my booking number (which of course is now invalid) and when I try to bypass that, it completely kicks me out. 

This is my first ship replacement so I’m interested to see how this all shakes out. 

I was never able to get in and see TBA, so I'm not sure how they were able to. My booking got switched over yesterday. I haven't gotten an email notice yet, but I can get online to see it. I still have a Grand Suite. Moved from starboard to port, but that doesn't matter in the least to me. I hope everyone gets switched over and is happy with their cabin assignments.