Uber XL or Taxi Van for 5+luggage Dania to PEV

SUESEABE

We are a family of 5 staying at Hyatt House next to Dania Pointe. They provide shuttle service to Port Everglades for $14pp. Private van rides are also about $70 or more. I read somewhere here that price of taxi or taxi van would be the same as a regular taxi. I'm guessing about $20+tip. Please correct me if I am wrong. I think we could all fit in taxi van. The other option is Uber XL and not sure about pricing on that or if would accommodate 5 + luggage.  Any help would be appreciated.

Suzie

Taxi van should be the same fare as a regular cab - I would ask the front desk to call for the cab (they know who is reliable).

UberXL should be a minivan or large SUV and should also accommodate your family - you can check pricing on the app the morning of your cruise and decide which is the better option.

• Thanks 1

One issue with Uber XL is there are a range of vehicles that qualify as "XL" and many will not hold 5 people plus all of their suitcases. You won't know until the vehicle arrives. Also (this may no longer be the case) they were not allowing anyone to ride in the front seat, reducing the space available in back for luggage. 

Taxi van would be best. Otherwise you should compare the shuttle and private van prices to the cost of TWO Ubers. 

• Thanks 1