Saint Greg's Sailabration - LIVE - Carnival Glory March 5th-13th 2022

Saint Greg

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

yeah I’m going try to stop by during daylight today. I think it opens at 3

I generally go for Happy Hour to sunset and it's low-key. It gets sucky at night when there are lots of wedding parties in town.

If you thought the biscuit at District was good, try the bacon, egg and cheese one! it will ruin you for breakfast biscuits!

You also walked past my house! perfect day for city strolling. This weather is gorgeous.

• Like 4

Greg....I am so enjoying all the pictures and commentary!   are you walking...doing a tour....so many things are familiar to me...example...Anne Rice...read many of her books.... and now need to find that movie!!   so anyway thanks a bunch for all the effort you put into your reviews!!

• Like 2

Also fun fact -- the Morris-Israel House is now owned by Zion Williamson and his family, if h ever decides to return to town. 🥴

The Mannings downsized to Audubon Park last summer. The estate sale was amazing.

• Like 2

and I'm just imagining that you have walked by the Real World New Orleans house a bunch of times already....the Belfort Mansion, just 4 1/2 blocks from your hotel on St Charles 🙂  That was a pretty epic place to put their house 🙂 and I guess, yes, I'm THAT age haha

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

and I'm just imagining that you have walked by the Real World New Orleans house a bunch of times already....the Belfort Mansion, just 4 1/2 blocks from your hotel on St Charles 🙂  That was a pretty epic place to put their house 🙂 and I guess, yes, I'm THAT age haha

Yeah I never watched the real world 

49 minutes ago, Kathscof said:

Actually I haven’t been by there yet. It’s on St Charles and the opposite direction of where I went last night. Maybe this afternoon.

Edited by Saint Greg

@Saint Greg....no rush in answering this, as I do not want to disrupt your precruise fun.

If I don't post now, more than likely I won't remember, senior thing!

Back in the 90's when I first started cruising I was cruising as a solo.  Carnival had a single share program back then so I never had to pay a single supplement.

Question is how are the single supplements these days, reasonable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Saint Greg....no rush in answering this, as I do not want to disrupt your precruise fun.

If I don't post now, more than likely I won't remember, senior thing!

Back in the 90's when I first started cruising I was cruising as a solo.  Carnival had a single share program back then so I never had to pay a single supplement.

Question is how are the single supplements these days, reasonable?

non-existent. I pretty much pay double. Except for my panorama cruise. Around then you could get 1A guarantees at a reasonable rate and they upgraded me to a regular interior. That cruise I paid about half of what I paid for panorama in 2020. vista had deals but I was already booked in a 4j and they were sold out so no price drops. I could’ve downgraded from the 4j maybe.

No deals for me on this cruise. I booked it two years ago when they were first released them and  I paid as much for it as I did for Alaska.

Edited by Saint Greg