Cruising and wars

brittany12

All has changed. I view the entire cruise landscape as deeply impacted by what Russia chose to do with invading Ukraine. It could be the start of WW 3. Nukes have been threatened.  Are we safe to fly to distant destinations? To cruise? Can we sail safely? Do we want to? What do we think about aggressor nations starting unprovoked wars of aggression. It is a critical subject to all of us. Will Russian warships retaliate for France stopping a Russian cargo ship in the English Channel today? Safety and enjoyment of the cruising experience are key components of this website. I invite all views on the future of cruising......today and tomorrow.

1 hour ago, brittany12 said:

All has changed. I view the entire cruise landscape as deeply impacted by what Russia chose to do with invading Ukraine. It could be the start of WW 3. Nukes have been threatened.  Are we safe to fly to distant destinations? To cruise? Can we sail safely? Do we want to? What do we think about aggressor nations starting unprovoked wars of aggression. It is a critical subject to all of us. Will Russian warships retaliate for France stopping a Russian cargo ship in the English Channel today? Safety and enjoyment of the cruising experience are key components of this website. I invite all views on the future of cruising......today and tomorrow.

I think there are a lot of unknowns right now. I do know that Seabourn and other cruise lines will not go to places they deem unsafe.  For example, causing to Russian ports or to Odessa are not going to happen now.  It remains to be seen if all Baltic cruising will be affected.