Off loading in EU ports/Testing on board Queen Elizabeth

kentishfred

Having cancelled my cruise in Janaury 2022 due to the chance of being offloaded in Spain if I had Covid onboard I now have the decision to make on whether I will go on my next cruise on Queen Elizabeth on the 15th April. Are there any views/information on the following:

1)Whether there is any news/rumours/inside information that the off loading policy is likely to be relaxed by then

2) The current testing regime on Queen Elizabeth i.e. Are there covid tests on a ship wide level or just if you want to get off

3) How many passengers are being offloaded from the current cruise

4) If off loaded what support is given by Cunard.

5) How many crew are experiencing Covid currently onboard Queen Elizabeth.

6) Any other information pertinent to the discussion.

Thanks

Thank you, however does that mean that you will not be offloaded if you test positive onboard. I am not too concerned on being quarantined onboard, although hardly ideal, I just do not want to spend 10 days in a Spanish hotel. So based on the fact that Spain has dropped the need for testing does it mean that Cunard do not test onboard unless, in our case where Italy is a destination , you want to get off in the 2 Italian ports of call.

Obviously if there is no onboard testing then in all probablity the chances of being offloaded is dramatically reduced although still not zero.

Thank you

I suspect you would still get off loaded if they knew. I don't think Cunard are testing except for people wanting to go ashore where required. Or at any rate I cannot find anywhere that says they are. We are on the cruise before yours, so it would indeed be nice to know for sure.

6 minutes ago, kentishfred said:

Yes exlondoner it would make the looking forward to the cruise a lot less stressful wondering whether you have done the right thing or not. I assume you have already paid your balance.

We transferred from one of the QV cruises that were cancelled recently, so the payment was some while ago. We have already decided not to go ashore at Lisbon, where we have been many times, and which does require a test.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

We transferred from one of the QV cruises that were cancelled recently, so the payment was some while ago. We have already decided not to go ashore at Lisbon, where we have been many times, and which does require a test.

We tend to go for the ship experience so the ports are not that important. Certainly we will not be getting off if there is going to be testing. 

4 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Might want to verify that. I believe Portugal changed the entry requirements several days ago so that no testing is required if one has a vaccine certificate.

They do still require a passenger locator form.

11 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Might want to verify that. I believe Portugal changed the entry requirements several days ago so that no testing is required if one has a vaccine certificate.

Portugal changed their entry requirements with effect from 7 February 2022 https://dre.pt/dre/detalhe/decreto-lei/22-2022-178716209.

11 hours ago, ExArkie said:

You are completely right. Thank you. Mind you, I can't be bothered with the plf either.

when we were on the QE in February there was no mass testing on board except for Americans and Canadians who wanted to go ashore in Lisbon (all 20 of us). No testing needed for UK and EU passport holders

Only people off loaded were the tiny few who got sick after boarding