Explorer - Spacious Ocean View Balcony vs. (regular) Ocean View Balcony

mets07

I was looking at a cruise on Explorer. Is the only difference between the Spacious and regular Ocean View balcony rooms the physical size of the room and/or capacity? 

Is there something people consider less desirable about the Spacious? I ask because the Spacious is a bit less expensive than the regular OV balcony room in this case.

Thanks. 

If the spacious is cheaper than the standard OV balcony then I go would with the spacious balcony if you like the location of your cabin.     

Some spacious balconies are "hump" balconies, which we like.       

I never really found there to be much difference in the size of the cabin.   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mets07 said:

I was looking at a cruise on Explorer. Is the only difference between the Spacious and regular Ocean View balcony rooms the physical size of the room and/or capacity? 

Is there something people consider less desirable about the Spacious? I ask because the Spacious is a bit less expensive than the regular OV balcony room in this case.

Thanks. 

Check one of the websites to see pics/video's of the rooms. The one with "cruise and deck and plans" has some. Spacious should be a bit larger, where it is noticeable is in the size of the couch, 2 person vs 3. At least it is that way on the Radiance class, it appears from the video's I have seen it is the same on explorer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Spacious Balcony on the corner Aft upper decks (9&10) are bigger than a Balcony cabin.

The only thing to be aware of is a support beam that goes through the room. At first we thought it would be a problem, but, the foot of the bed goes right up to it, so, it's not really an obstacle (anymore than the bed is).