Cannot Complete Web Check-In...Any Helpful Hints?

amygutman

Happy Sunday!

Have tried for two weeks now (and 3 calls to MSC) to complete our family's web check-in for our April 9th Seashore cruise. I can input all of the data until it gets to "City", then the webpage will not let me advance. 

• The 1st MSC rep (Feb 14th) said "It's a US website issue...just wait a day for us to re-set it". I did...didn't work. 
  • The 2nd MSC rep (Feb 20th) said "It's your VPN...try shutting it off" which I did...it did not work. While on the phone, she then said "Ok..now try putting the VPN back on". Still...not working. She said she would send an email to a manager and email me when the problem was resolved. As of yesterday, no email sent. 
  • Today, the 3rd MSC rep apologized and said "You can't complete web check-in until 30 days before your cruise", which I don't think is correct from what I read from other CC postings. 

Can anyone provide advice or assistance? If it truly is 30 days prior, then that's fine - I'll just try and be patient for 11 more days. Granted, all of the phone reps have been extremely pleasant and polite (and apologetic for the inconvenience of waiting literally hours on hold), but I am really frustrated with the process. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Warmest, Amy

This being our first MSC cruise after over a decade on RCCL and NCL, I find personally that the website has a lot to be desired.

Phone lines too - all of the reps have been incredibly pleasant, but tons of misinformation given and lots of complications with anything done over the phone (after waiting consistently long times on hold). 

Now...CC members - that is a different story! Yes...there are opinions, assumptions, and misinformation, but honestly, the majority of the posters like yourselves are incredibly helpful.

39 days to go!!!!

Happy Cruising! Amy 

The MSC website and customer service prior to the cruise are disaster many times, but once you board, the ships and experience are great. 

If you have an issue getting your credit card for onboard payment  to save on the website, just leave it and add your credit card using one of the many kiosks available once you board.  A customer service agent gave me that tip and it worked well.

13 hours ago, JT1962 said:

The MSC website and customer service prior to the cruise are disaster many times, but once you board, the ships and experience are great. 

If you have an issue getting your credit card for onboard payment  to save on the website, just leave it and add your credit card using one of the many kiosks available once you board.  A customer service agent gave me that tip and it worked well.

Great to know - 

It's our first time on MSC and I really appreciate all of the tips. I've heard the onboard app is a bit clunky. Youtube cruises have noted the photo feature on the website could be skipped as they take photos at embarkation and the using a kiosk to load your credit card info is the easiest way to register - pre-registering apparently rarely works correctly. 

39 days to go....oh lord...I cannot wait.