A plea for an April 2024 eclipse cruise

marne-c

9 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

What is a M6 mini?

These are club class minis. Just four of them on the forward corners on Lido and Marina. Extra large cabin layout with nice separation of living and sleeping areas. All of them have large balconies, but the two on Marina are huge, going out over the bridge. 

20 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

A word of warning to y'all: We booked yesterday in a specific cabin. The travel summary I saved off last night moved us down a deck, from Baja to Caribe. It was effectively the same cabin so no harm no foul. However this morning, we were now moved from port to starboard (increased the cabin number by one). Still no harm, no foul as it's still really the same cabin. But, just like in basketball, if this keeps up, a foul will eventually be called!

Two unrequested cabin changes in two days - be aware!

Whoa! They changed your cabin even though you picked a specific one? That's strange. I've not had that happen before. I know it has happened when they oversell a specific category but not this early on.

46 minutes ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Okay. I put a hold on m108 (my second choice) as I wasn’t sure if my CVP would be able to get my first choice, S310 or if the price for it would be within the range of what we considered reasonable.  My CVP did get S310 and the price did fall in the range we’d pay so M108 is going to get released in the next couple of days.  My CVP will call me either Thursday or Friday to finalize all my bookings and at that time the M108 will be released. 
Boy yesterday was a crazy day. 

Good to know.  I'll try and snag it.

2 hours ago, MJC said:

Just booked! So excited. First royal class cruise for us, so our favorite cabin doesn't exist, but we are still doing the happy dance!

I always avoided the Royal Class ships until last year when I sailed on the Majestic. I still prefer the Grand Class for certain cruises but I loved my time on the Majestic last fall. The Enclave is glorious and a huge improvement over the Thermal Suite on the older ships. And the Discovery looks gorgeous. SO excited for this one!

22 minutes ago, cruisetilidrop said:

What is a M6 mini?

You should check out the pics and videos of M107/M108 on Cruise Deck Plans or elsewhere. The cabins are a non-standard layout but the balcony is HUGE! These were on my list but already booked by the time my TA was able to get my cabin.

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

Okay. I put a hold on m108 (my second choice) as I wasn’t sure if my CVP would be able to get my first choice, S310 or if the price for it would be within the range of what we considered reasonable.  My CVP did get S310 and the price did fall in the range we’d pay so M108 is going to get released in the next couple of days.  My CVP will call me either Thursday or Friday to finalize all my bookings and at that time the M108 will be released. 
Boy yesterday was a crazy day. 

Wait! Isn't S310 one of the Sky Suites? 🤯 How fun! If you're not going into port that will be an incredible balcony to view the eclipse from. 

42 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Gah! M108 would be ideal! We got R432. Club Class Mini with a slightly larger balcony but wasn't my top choice. All my favorite cabins were booked already by the time I remembered to check this morning.

Glad you got onboard!  I know you were excited.  I hope it is nice and we are able to see the eclipse. 

1 minute ago, Level six said:

Glad you got onboard!  I know you were excited.  I hope it is nice and we are able to see the eclipse. 

Thank you! Me too! TBH I would have taken an Inside cabin if it meant I got to see an eclipse again - well, maybe an Oceanview. Haha!

8 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

Thank you! Me too! TBH I would have taken an Inside cabin if it meant I got to see an eclipse again - well, maybe an Oceanview. Haha!

We flew to Nebraska for the last one... getting an eclipse AND a cruise is a definite step up!

No disrespect to Nebraska, we had a lovely time and met some very nice people. And had excellent Mexican food + margaritas.  🙂

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rheathslc said:

haha, we just booked an interior.  We will be onshore anyway. 

18 minutes ago, MJC said:

We flew to Nebraska for the last one... getting an eclipse AND a cruise is a definite step up!

No disrespect to Nebraska, we had a lovely time and met some very nice people. And had excellent Mexican food + margaritas.  🙂

Definitely a step up!   We drove to Nebraska, haha, some family there and it was awesome.  If you really want good Mexican food come to NM!!  

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

A word of warning to y'all: We booked yesterday in a specific cabin. The travel summary I saved off last night moved us down a deck, from Baja to Caribe. It was effectively the same cabin so no harm no foul. However this morning, we were now moved from port to starboard (increased the cabin number by one). Still no harm, no foul as it's still really the same cabin. But, just like in basketball, if this keeps up, a foul will eventually be called!

Two unrequested cabin changes in two days - be aware!

Another cruise we have booked has had our cabin moved 3 times. We don't want the "upgrade" to a "better location". Each time our TA has gotten our original cabin back but I'm getting sick of having to check every day to see if we are still in the correct cabin. Princess is going nuts with moving people around.

• Like 1

This cruise is being a bit "weird" for me. I've tried multiple times to "save" it to my list of saved cruises. Each time the heart turns blue when I click it but the cruise isn't saved to my list.

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

This cruise is being a bit "weird" for me. I've tried multiple times to "save" it to my list of saved cruises. Each time the heart turns blue when I click it but the cruise isn't saved to my list.

This is a bug I have run into several times.

Try logging out, then logging in again, then saving...

Or try another browsers or device.  Last resort, clear cookies, refresh pages and try again.

HTH,

Rick

4 minutes ago, symui said:

This is a bug I have run into several times.

Try logging out, then logging in again, then saving...

Or try another browsers or device.  Last resort, clear cookies, refresh pages and try again.

HTH,

Rick

Thx. Tried Chrome and it saved properly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I’ve been bugging my CVP since I returned from the 2017 total eclipse in Oregon to keep telling anyone at Princess who would listen to make sure they did an eclipse cruise. 
He really came through on our booking. There’s only 2 of the cabin I wanted on Discovery and he was able to get one for me. We also booked the 3 day cruise before this for a total of 13 days. 

The next total eclipse in North America is August 12 2045.  

So who’s going to start the roll call?

Hope to meet you as I have enjoyed all of your reviews!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mike&elena said:

We're booked!  This should be an awesome experience.  Thanks to everyone who posted the information on CC.  🌴👨👩🌴

Just noticed that you are also on the upcoming 10/29/22 Discovery cruise as well!

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

Gah! M108 would be ideal! We got R432. Club Class Mini with a slightly larger balcony but wasn't my top choice. All my favorite cabins were booked already by the time I remembered to check this morning.

Don't be discouraged, cabins turn over constantly!  That's why I check my bookings everyday.

7 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Don't be discouraged, cabins turn over constantly!  That's why I check my bookings everyday.

Thank you! That just happened actually and we got our top choice (B429) so I'm happy. I'll leave M108 for one of the others who expressed interest. 🙂 

Just now, rheathslc said:

Thank you! That just happened actually and we got our top choice (B429) so I'm happy. I'll leave M108 for one of the others who expressed interest. 🙂 

You're across the hall from me, I got B428!

16 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

You're across the hall from me, I got B428!

Yay! Those angled balcony Minis are my favorite as they are actually usable compared to the teeny ones on most of the other cabins. Even the midship Penthouse Suite balconies are barely deep enough to sit facing out without hitting your knees on the glass. Princess made a bad call on the Royal class balconies IMO.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJC said:

We drove from California to Oregon for the last one. It was great.  Not as great as the eclipse in 1991 that we saw from the Carnival Jubilee, but still great.