Covid Testing and Embarkation Time

cojomo

For Seabourn, one must be tested within 48hrs of embarkation. My question is to confirm that for this purpose the embarkation time is the exact time one gets on the ship or is the embarkation time a stated time from Seabourn whether one has already boarded or not?

Cojomo,  we have been in lengthy discussions with our very efficient TA( the one that Queen Elizabeth would use) this weekend .

She assures us that for our upcoming Transatlantic from Miami later this month, that Seabourn do not require the 48 hour test before arrival at the port , but that Seabourn will do their own testing at the allocated embarkation time. They do, however, advise to self test before arriving at the port.

That is for Miami, other ports may have different rules.

1 hour ago, cojomo said:

one must be tested within 48hrs of embarkation

It's interesting you bring this up today.. I was just on Seabourn website and found this information 

What is considered 2 days prior to my cruise's departure?
The 2-day period is 2 days before your cruise’s departure. The 2-day timeframe provides you with more flexibility than a 48-hour timeframe. By using the 2-day window, your test validity does not depend on the time of your embarkation or the time of the day that your test was administered. For example, if your cruise departure is 4:00 PM on a Sunday, you may board with a negative COVID-19 test that was administered any time on the prior Friday or after.

I was also wondering where i could get a test considering we were driving to the port and would have to be tested the same day we leave our home.. that said I read this..

Fully vaccinated guests who have not gotten a pre-cruise test will have a test administered for a cost of $100 per person.

if testing is still required in December when we sail we may just pay the up charge and let them do it for us.. we have been fully vaccinated with two boosters.....

2 hours ago, Cornet said:

Cojomo,  we have been in lengthy discussions with our very efficient TA( the one that Queen Elizabeth would use) this weekend .

She assures us that for our upcoming Transatlantic from Miami later this month, that Seabourn do not require the 48 hour test before arrival at the port , but that Seabourn will do their own testing at the allocated embarkation time. They do, however, advise to self test before arriving at the port.

That is for Miami, other ports may have different rules.

We are likely on the same cruise and what you were told is contradicted by the information currently on SB's web site.  Here is what is said about cruises departing from USA ports:

"Proof of Negative Viral Covid-19 Test • All guests are required to produce a negative, medically observed COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of embarkation. As a second layer of protection and to assure a safe voyage for our guests and crew members, Seabourn will provide a complimentary antigen test to everyone at embarkation. This test does not replace the home test required prior to departure"

If you want to read more here is the link:

US_Protocols.pdf (hollandamerica.com)

I hope your efficient TA is correct but until we hear something to the contrary from SB we will be following their published protocol.  We did notice that the protocol is out of day regarding masking (no longer mandated after March 1) so perhaps the pre-cruise testing requirement is also out of date.  We still have a few weeks so will simply roll with the waves 🙂

Hank

Many thanks for your replies. We will be departing Venice on the 21st May so a PCR Test conducted anytime on or after the 19th May seems satisfactory. As we were thinking about flying out to Venice (from the UK) on the 19th to spend a day in Venice prior to the cruise then a PCR Test conducted in the morning of the 19th would be accepted even though by the time we embark the ship the actual hours past since the test is likely to be more like 50 - 55hrs.