Cinema 1 and 2

seadaze10

20 minutes ago, seadaze10 said:

We have booked our 1st Viking Ocean cruise on the Viking Venus and as I review the deck plans I see Cinemas 1 and 2 on Deck 2.  Do they show daily movies there?   We are Crystal refugees and look forward to expanding our horizons. 

The can reduce the size of the Star Theater by "closing off" the elevated areas at the back port and starboard sides for a smaller group experience.  Any movie that might be shown there will be available in your room   They do often show movies with wireless headphones and pop corn on the pool deck.  Even those are available in the room.   

30 minutes ago, seadaze10 said:

We have booked our 1st Viking Ocean cruise on the Viking Venus and as I review the deck plans I see Cinemas 1 and 2 on Deck 2.  Do they show daily movies there?   We are Crystal refugees and look forward to expanding our horizons. 

Welcome to Viking, hoping you find it meets your expectations after Crystal. Personally, I experienced the luxury of the great British liners from the 60/70's and now really enjoy the more laid back atmosphere of Viking, but still with the amazing great service.

During our 4-months on Viking Sun, the 2 rear sections (cinema 1 & 2) were normally open so they were integral to the main Star Theatre.

They can pull the moveable bulkhead partitions across to create the small theatres. Personally, I don't ever recall them showing films in either of those 2 spaces, as the films were normally shown on the main Star Theatre screen.

When new crew joined the ship, we often saw 1 of them closed off, as it was used for crew orientation. We occassionally saw some small presentations hosted in one of these rooms.

Our experience was a World Cruise, so it could be different on shorter cruises. The Cruise Directors may also have different expectations for the use of these spaces.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heidi13 said:

Welcome to Viking, hoping you find it meets your expectations after Crystal. Personally, I experienced the luxury of the great British liners from the 60/70's and now really enjoy the more laid back atmosphere of Viking, but still with the amazing great service.

During our 4-months on Viking Sun, the 2 rear sections (cinema 1 & 2) were normally open so they were integral to the main Star Theatre.

They can pull the moveable bulkhead partitions across to create the small theatres. Personally, I don't ever recall them showing films in either of those 2 spaces, as the films were normally shown on the main Star Theatre screen.

When new crew joined the ship, we often saw 1 of them closed off, as it was used for crew orientation. We occassionally saw some small presentations hosted in one of these rooms.

Our experience was a World Cruise, so it could be different on shorter cruises. The Cruise Directors may also have different expectations for the use of these spaces.

Your experience mimics ours from 2.5 transatlantic, a 12 night Eastern Discovery, and an 8 night Welcome Back cruise around Iceland.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, seadaze10 said:

I believe on the World Cruise these were closed off for Ted Talks that were shown in there daily, but I could be mistaken.  The Ted Talks were available on the TV in your room as well on our last cruise.

• Like 1

It wasn't until our 3rd Viking cruise that I even knew that there was a Cinema 1 & 2 ,and then until our aborted WC this year ( due to my husband falling and fracturing his humerus in multiple place 😬)  that I knew how those Cinemas got there.