Going On Nieuw Amsterdam in A Couple Of Weeks

Wakepatrol

Hi - We will be going on the Nieuw Amsterdam in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions

Is Key West Open for Ships?

Is Jamaica Open for ships?

is Grand Cayman Open for ships?

Is it ship excursions only if any of them are open?

I just bought the proctored Covid tests Holland America suggested.

My stomach can’t take looking for a Walgreens or CVS and then waiting 24 hours for the results.

Thank you😀

• Like 1

We got off NA last Saturday. You will have a wonderful cruise!

Our planned stop at Key West was cancelled about 5 days before departure. I expect you will have the same experience. No one is stopping there now unless the passenger numbers are very low. We went to Nassau instead, which was a big disappointment for us as we've been there multiple times and dislike it. But I respect that Key West doesn't want large ships anymore. 

We did the proctored Binax tests before our cruise. It was very easy, we didn't have to go out anywhere, and we had results in about 15 minutes. 

12 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

Hi - We will be going on the Nieuw Amsterdam in a couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions

Is Key West Open for Ships?

First HAL ship scheduled for Key West is the NA on March 13th. As it is the only Nieuw Amsterdam stop on the schedule for March or April, I assume that is your sailing. Ships have been docking at Pier B, the private pier the city does not control.  Azamara Quest may have used Mallory pier one day last month. I am closely watching that Feb 13th stop, as I am due there on the Rotterdam on the 19th. NCL, Celebrity, and Carnival have been making there scheduled stops since early/mid February. Carnival Conquest is in port as I type this, she is 110K tons. NA is listed at about 87K tons, so a little smaller ship.

30 minutes ago, lupaglupa said:

Our planned stop at Key West was cancelled about 5 days before departure.

Not sure when you departed, but your stop was most likely canceled way before then, they just did not notify you of the change. I don't know when they removed you from the port schedule, but you were not on it on February 8th.

• Like 1

Looks like Key West is being changed to Bimini. If you look on the website Bimini is on the map, but not itinerary. Grand Caymen has announced they won't be reopening until March 21st, so it will be changed but not sure to where. This will be our first cruise in over two years, so we don't really care where we end up going.

3 hours ago, RosebudA said:

Looks like Key West is being changed to Bimini. If you look on the website Bimini is on the map, but not itinerary. Grand Caymen has announced they won't be reopening until March 21st, so it will be changed but not sure to where. This will be our first cruise in over two years, so we don't really care where we end up going.

I’m on the NA next weekend and the Navigator still shows Key West and Grand Cayman. We shall see what happens when we get there, I guess!

On 3/1/2022 at 9:16 PM, Navybikermom said:

I’m on the NA next weekend and the Navigator still shows Key West and Grand Cayman. We shall see what happens when we get there, I guess!

I see a big Celebrity ship in Key West today and I have not received any emails of itinerary changes

1 hour ago, Navybikermom said:

I just checked again this morning and Key West is back and Grand Cayman is out, replaced by Nassau. I guess I’ll not worry about it anymore and see what happens next week when I get on board!

I haven’t received any emails on any itinerary changes and it all shows the original ports.

We will have fun no

matter how it shakes out 😀

I checked it again today and it’s back to the original itinerary- lol. My TA called yesterday to make sure I’d done the check in stuff (she used to do it all) and I mentioned it to her. She saw only the original itinerary, so who knows where we’ll end up! Maybe the update that is coming out at the end of this month will fix those gremlins.