New Canadian Cruise Requirements - Alaska Cruise Season in Jeopardy Again?

JT1962

I was so happy that we would only need one test (to get on our Viking ship) instead of two tests now, until a friend told me that as of right now you still need to have a negative test to get on an airplane in the US... is that still correct?

Thank you!  We are returning from Alaska, so hopefully no need for a test upon return, but Viking is still doing daily testing and says they will provide you with the necessary test for your return flight... I was just stressing out about having to do two tests each before leaving home.... 

3 hours ago, strickerj said:

If you absolutely have to save them, the no-annual-fee Bank of America Amtrak Visa credit card prevents points expiration.

So does making a purchase through their shopping portal - according to the email I received, anyway, any earning or burning activity qualifies.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Promising news that hopefully eliminates any issues: 

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/federal-government-end-pre-arrival-154237739.html?guccounter=1

I’m guessing the cruise lines were aware this was likely and why they had not provided any update on testing requirements / policies for Alaska / Canada cruises.

That is good news, but only air and land arrivals seem to be included.  If that’s the case cruisers would still be required to have negative tests.

• Like 1