Military discount

mfabulous

I am a first time cruiser and I can say enough about all of you and the information you have provided. I would like to know the truth on one thing, can you wear jeans on formal night, just kidding. I asked my TA for a military discount after reading these post. She has been awesome and I trust her, but she told me that because i had a Cat 11 suite that a military discount was not availalbe. Is this possibly away of not getting cruise credit, which she was somewhat quiet about.

I am a first time cruiser and I can say enough about all of you and the information you have provided. I would like to know the truth on one thing, can you wear jeans on formal night, just kidding. I asked my TA for a military discount after reading these post. She has been awesome and I trust her, but she told me that because i had a Cat 11 suite that a military discount was not availalbe. Is this possibly away of not getting cruise credit, which she was somewhat quiet about.

It's very likely that either the sailing did not offer a military discount in your category, or they were all sold out. Only a limited number of cabins in limited categories are offered up for military discount. Some sailings do not offer a discount at all on any of their cabins. It's a luck of the draw sometimes.

Happy sailing!

I agree with the earlier poster. We had three category 11 suites on Victory in late January and were able to take HUGE military discounts on two of the three. The third was my mother in law. I suspect the military discount just isn't being offered by the TA at this point.

Our TA got us a Military discount for our upcoming cruise in Jul '06...He didnt mention it, but my DH heard about it somewhere. We called our TA back and he said he could do it. I told the other folks who are cruising with us and two of the guys are ex-military and they got the discount also.

Our TA did say that not all sailings offer the MD and if they do they sometimes limit the number of cabins available.

It saved us $410.00 off our cabin!:)

I'm guessing the discount isn't as large for a fall/winter sailing since the prices are much lower already.

It is actually true that not all sailings/categories offer discounts such as the military one. You may want to check with your TA to see if they offer discounts for the state you live in. I recently got one of my clients a discount because she lived in Arizaona. Sometimes the cruiseline offers discounts to people from certain locations and most TA's ar pretty hush-hush about it. Not sure why myself. I'd like my clients to get as cheap a trip as possible so they come back to me for their next vacation.

Good luck.

-DEM920

tdembek@optonline.net

I say call Carnival directly and ask if your ship and date have a military rate available on the Cat 11. I see an online TA listing for the 5/28/06 Pride at $1599 military rate; but you would have to call to find out if it is still available.

Just be sure you do NOT tell the Carnival PVP that you already have a booked cabin through a TA. They will not talk to you if they know have a reservation through a TA - they will tell you to talk with that TA.

I have cruised many times and this cruise is the only time someone mentioned a military discount. I can't beleive how much money we could have saved. The discount would affect the TA comission so I would do some investigation on your own and see if it is available. I have been burned by too many TA, so I would be leary. It is your money after all!!!

Barbara

I have cruised many times and this cruise is the only time someone mentioned a military discount. I can't beleive how much money we could have saved. The discount would affect the TA comission so I would do some investigation on your own and see if it is available. I have been burned by too many TA, so I would be leary. It is your money after all!!!

Barbara

I don't think they've been offering this for that many year now? This year the PVP asked me about it. Two years ago, nothing. Could have been the cruise, could be that it didn't exist.

I've booked three cruises with a military discount-one in 9/2004 on the Conquest, 5/2005 on the Elation and 3/2006 on the Liberty. We always book two rooms, a balcony for my husband and I and an inside across the hall for the three kids. On the Conquest I was able to get a great discount on both rooms, on the Elation and Liberty they gave us the discount on the balcony only as this is the new policy. T

here are only a limited number of cabins on each sailing set aside for the military discount so I always try to book at least six months out. I always book directly through the Carnival toll free number and then call back one or two times per month for even greater discounts along the way.

I cannot express the appreciation our family has to Carnival for extedning this deal to active duty and retired military folks. We hope to be able to be jus' cruzin' for many years to come!

Archived