Aarhus

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LindaJ+ said:

Can you walk to town from the cruise ship port? 

Yes, city centre within walking distance - there will also be HoHo bus available - 1 is the cruise pier - stops are:

Marselisborg Castle

Aarhus City Hall

ARoS Art Museum

The Old Town Open Air Museum

Møllestien / Aarhus River

Aarhus Cathedral / Strøget Shopping

84EEF635-02E6-427A-9D30-9EF886FA06EA.jpeg

Edited by hallasm
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just watched Rick Steves Beyond Copenhagen video on You Tube and I cannot wait to go to the Open Market.  Love these types of places.  And the Art Museum and Pre-History Museum.  So many things to do, I hope we have time to do it all in our 8-5 time frame. 

2 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

I just watched Rick Steves Beyond Copenhagen video on You Tube and I cannot wait to go to the Open Market.  Love these types of places.  And the Art Museum and Pre-History Muse

By the way a good video. A day in Aarhus requires good planning - I do not think it is possible with The Old Town (which I think Open Market refers to), ARoS art museum and Moesgaard pre-history museum in one day.
My suggestion is The Old Town and ARoS. Might use the HoHo for transportation.

Edited by hallasm
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

And then is this a separate destination from all others mentioned?

Do not fully understand the Question.

‘Den Gamle By’ /‘The Old Town’ is the same in Danish/English.

ARoS is a different location.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, hallasm said:

Do not fully understand the Question.

‘Den Gamle By’ /‘The Old Town’ is the same in Danish/English.

ARoS is a different location.

Den Gamle By is an open air "museum" of structures representing 3 different times in Danish history. 

I would really like to view this area.  However, I am not sure we will be able to walk it.  

Have a good cruise.

The Old City - The Old City (dengamleby.dk)

1523496899_Pictureaarhus.jpg.c52b8d400c0bf383c0541c4bb4ddd177.jpg

5 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

I would really like to view this area.  However, I am not sure we will be able to walk it.

‘Den gamle By’ is definitely worth a visit. Whether one can walk is an individual question. It is 1 mile from the harbor to ‘Den Gamle By’ - It is an easy stretch through Aarhus Latin Quarter and along the 'Aarhus  stream'. There are many cafes where you can get a refreshment on the way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hallasm said:

‘Den gamle By’ is definitely worth a visit. Whether one can walk is an individual question. It is 1 mile from the harbor to ‘Den Gamle By’ - It is an easy stretch through Aarhus Latin Quarter and along the 'Aarhus  stream'. There are many cafes where you can get a refreshment on the way.

Actually, I didn't think we would walk there.  Likely to get a taxi or something. We want to visit the Latin Quarter, too.  So, we might walk after all. I guess it will depend on how tired we are after a very port intensive itinerary.  

Thank you for your help.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hallasm said:

As I can recall there is a charge to enter to this place but it was not too far from the ship pier and very easy to do.  People lives in that area are extremely helpful too as a tourist (with a map on hand a give away signal) and asked if we needed help and showed us how to go in ENGLISH.  We had a wonderful memory from that place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2