San Diego --- Bayfront Marriott or Springhill Suites

57redbird

Springhill Suites is directly across from the cruise port. For the Marriott, are you referring to the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina? If so, that's going to be a bit farther (about 1 mile). Still walkable if that's something you're interested in doing, but not nearly as convenient as Springhill Suites.

Both are nice, but you'll find the Marriott Marquis to be a full service hotel whereas Springhill Suites is limited service (3 vs 4 star hotels). I wouldn't hesitate staying at either.

• Like 1

The SpringHill Suites is the "Bayfront" Marriott. There are two hotels in one building. The front half of the building is the Residence Inn Bayfront, the back half is the SpringHill Suites Bayfront. If it was just one night and a couple, I'd choose the SpringHill Suites, because it is usually cheaper.

If by "Bayfront" Marriott you mean the Marriott Marquis, I'd still choose the SpringHill Suites.

• Like 1

Love the Springhill Suites - Bayfront.  About 100 yards to the ship and close to many dining options and attractions.

Very good free breakfast and nice facility with friendly staff.  Only negative is no shuttle to/from the airport (2 miles away).

• Like 2