YVR Covid Testing.

Darfun

I have a cruise booked in April out of Vancouver. Wondering if people have used the YVR testing locations for there pre cruise Covid testing. Since there are so many different options to choose from I figure many people have done it. I’m planning on booking an appointment with CVM Medical in the airport. Then if the rules don’t change at least I have an appointment booked with them already. 

3 minutes ago, Darfun said:

I have a cruise booked in April out of Vancouver. Wondering if people have used the YVR testing locations for there pre cruise Covid testing. Since there are so many different options to choose from I figure many people have done it. I’m planning on booking an appointment with CVM Medical in the airport. Then if the rules don’t change at least I have an appointment booked with them already. 

As there have been no cruises out of Vancouver since 2019, I assume that you are referring to people who have been tested in YVR before flying to the US for a cruise. At some locations, tests are restricted to passengers flying to or from the airport. You might want to check with the rules at CVM Medical at YVR.

6 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As there have been no cruises out of Vancouver since 2019, I assume that you are referring to people who have been tested in YVR before flying to the US for a cruise. At some locations, tests are restricted to passengers flying to or from the airport. You might want to check with the rules at CVM Medical at YVR.

Yup. Cruises haven’t left out of Canada since 2019. But am wondering about people getting tested at the airport and how difficult it is? Or if anyone have used a different location in the airport or which one they would recommend?

I have a RAT test booked at Pearson Airport in Toronto @ 5am before my 8:15am flight to LA. I know it may be tight, so I have plan B and C just in case. I will have had a rapid antigen test the day before my flight anyways, so i will still be good to fly to the US if I there is a delay/problem at YYZ testing location.

My reason for booking the YYZ test was to meet the pre cruise requirement (48 hour window) since I am flying down 3 days before the cruise departs, so I had no choice but to have 2 antigen tests if i want to go 3 days earlier. I didn't want to put all my eggs in one basket with YYZ test only-just in case.  If all else fails I have 2 Switch health tests with me and I know I can book a test at LAX upon arrival if all else fails.  

14 hours ago, Darfun said:

I am interested in my options too. My flight to Tampa via Toronto is not until April 22nd. My flight isn't until 10 55 pm and they close at 6pm so will need a long wait at the airport though.

17 hours ago, Darfun said:

We have a cruise in May out of Vancouver...we will be using the YVR location to do the antigen test.  We used it in September for our flight to California.  

1 hour ago, stefndoug said:

We have a cruise in May out of Vancouver...we will be using the YVR location to do the antigen test.  We used it in September for our flight to California.  

That's good to hear that it worked well for you.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, stefndoug said:

Did you use CVM or did you use a different option in YVR?

We used CVM in December and worked well.   Took a while though - pretty sure we were there for 2 1/2 hours from start to finish.  They say it's a rapid turnaround, but just a heads up that 2 hours may be a rapid turnaround.   We had an appointment and waited 30-45 minutes in line just to get the tests done... then had to wait for the results (antigen).   

Having said that it was very convenient.  And they give you a hard copy and email results - redundancy is more important than ever in the event one copy gets lost.