Looks like wife and I will pay $250 each US for Covid test!

REDSTRIPETYPE

We are flying from Calgary to San Francisco departing at 1100 on a Monday and will get antigen test at Shoppers on Sun evening to meet US entry requirements. an

Staying overnight in San Fran to catch United Air flight to Tahiti at 1300 Tuesday. Tahiti requires antigen test within 24 hours of departure NOT one day. United website states we must have our test no earlier than noon on Tuesday.

There are three locations in San Fran airport and all three charge $225 -$250 each US.

We are booked for one Monday afternoon after we fly in....yikes another $650 cost to our trip!

Does Tahiti accept Telehealth administered testing?

I would look into a SwitchHealth test to take with you.  
Otherwise I would try Walgreens or CVS.  Sometimes they charge if you are Canadian but many have gotten them free.  If they do charge, it will still be less than the airport one.  I believe its around $100 USD. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

We are flying from Calgary to San Francisco departing at 1100 on a Monday and will get antigen test at Shoppers on Sun evening to meet US entry requirements. an

Staying overnight in San Fran to catch United Air flight to Tahiti at 1300 Tuesday. Tahiti requires antigen test within 24 hours of departure NOT one day. United website states we must have our test no earlier than noon on Tuesday.

There are three locations in San Fran airport and all three charge $225 -$250 each US.

We are booked for one Monday afternoon after we fly in....yikes another $650 cost to our trip!

I used this company in Long Beach, CA and it was free (they refunded me the initial $20/person fee)

https://covidtesting.cityhealthuc.com/locations/san-francisco

• Like 1

Not sure where you are looking but a quick Google search shows numerous alternatives.  I see Rapid antigen tests available at LAX for $80 as well as onpoint testing (near LAX) for $69.  

As others have said, check to see which pharmacies are near LAX as many also do testing. 

So first off to RickT its San Fran not LAX!

To 007colocruz self tests are not allowed.

Tried Walgreens and CVS both no go.

However found a walk in clinic near the airport and 10 min Uber from our hotel that does Antigen for $69 with 1 hour results. So we will take Uber both ways and not spend the $500US ($635 CAD)

It is called One point and is fully refundable if cancelled.

However once we booked it said due to high volumes results will take an extra hour.

8 hours ago, REDSTRIPETYPE said:

So first off to RickT its San Fran not LAX!

To 007colocruz self tests are not allowed.

Tried Walgreens and CVS both no go.

However found a walk in clinic near the airport and 10 min Uber from our hotel that does Antigen for $69 with 1 hour results. So we will take Uber both ways and not spend the $500US ($635 CAD)

It is called One point and is fully refundable if cancelled.

However once we booked it said due to high volumes results will take an extra hour.

Geeeee, so sorry I had the wrong airport.   Doesn’t change the fact there are lots of cheaper alternatives to what you listed.   Google is your friend.