Issue buying excursion (error)

I called RCL this morning and they ended up submitting a ticket for this but wanted to verify if anyone else ran in to this before.

I have already purchased other things like Dining, Internet, and excursions on this trip. This morning I went to book a new excursion that just popped up and when I went to order it the system said it was unable to process my order. They even tried doing it on the phone as well.

A couple things:

• I had replaced my original credit card on file for buying things
  • When I called the RCL rep stated I needed to talk to my travel agent to activate my account (he said a different word that I forget) until I said I had already purchased other things then he said to forget he said that
  • The specific excursion in question shows up and has a name in the full list of excursions but when you click on it there is no Name or Overview area for the excursion (other excursions show up normally for me)

Figure I am just stuck but wanted to ask.

• Thanks 1

Like Brillo I can purchase old format but not new format.

Lol I called and had them purchase for me before, price dropped, called today and they were able to repurchase it for this march, but cant for  March 2023. It's in my check out basket and I get all the way to click to confirm and get error 405. She escalated to resolutions who is talking to excursions. They act like I'm the only person having trouble.

The one they cant do is the Panama canal locks which i hear sells out. They said well wait until march 20, maybe it's too far out. I said i board a cruise that day. ..so far that's their best suggestion.

First they said I hadnt paid deposit, I said yes, it should have gone thru your system. They tried to blame my ta.

I don’t post often, but wanted to chime in that I had the same issue today trying to book an excursion that just appeared this morning also.  

I also called and they have opened a ticket as well.  I will report back if I hear anything.

BTW the excursion I am trying to book is Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier Explorer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ema773 said:

I don’t post often, but wanted to chime in that I had the same issue today trying to book an excursion that just appeared this morning also.  

I also called and they have opened a ticket as well.  I will report back if I hear anything.

BTW the excursion I am trying to book is Endicott Arm and Dawes Glacier Explorer.

Bingo same must be an issue with it. 

I told the one guy rcl could probably sell  more excursions if their check out worked. I thought he got a little smart with me and said well I'm here now. If 3 random posters on cc all say they opened a ticket today .. they got a IT problem. It's not us. 

...though I do hear a lot of people say they just stay on the ship. 

JOYOUS and ema773, did you have any luck purchasing the Endicott Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer excursion?  I tried yesterday as well and called when it wouldn't process the payment.  The agent also put in an IT form (that was about 10a).  I've tried several times today and no luck.  The items are still in my shopping cart (for 2 different reservations) and I keep getting the error message.  Please post if you have success.  Thank you!

I got nothing but 'get errors' yesterday when I was trying to buy stuff.  Had picked out dining, massages, nail services, drinks, etc...and couldn't check out.....after 3 hours on the phone...all the times I had picked were 'no longer available' so had to select other times (even though I KNOW they were soft reserving for the times I HAD PICKED AND PUT IN MY CART and I wasn't able to book the massage at all.

I work in ecom....their IT is really not up to snuff

• Like 2

The agent says she cant even see the excursions for mine. Or what's in my shopping basket. If I cant purchase a excursion, there should be someone at rcl who can be called who can purchase it for me. 

I can see this .. they said they cant even see it. I'm annoyed about it but nothing I can do. I want to purchase the excursion I see on the right. Their answer is let's give it a couple of weeks and call us back.

20220304_144207100.jpeg

1 hour ago, cuatthesea said:

JOYOUS and ema773, did you have any luck purchasing the Endicott Arm Fjord & Glacier Explorer excursion?

I have tried a couple of times today, but still no luck.

• Thanks 1

I called again to get my ticket updated to include the information its everyone having the same issues with the same specific excursion. I also called out it doesnt have the name or overview of the excursion once you actually click in.

I think the excursion likely didn't have all the required information to "book" but the system never checked that info to just show up.

Hopefully this will help the excursion/IT team fix it. Still on hold while waiting for support to connect with my customer service person.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

I called again to get my ticket updated to include the information its everyone having the same issues with the same specific excursion. I also called out it doesnt have the name or overview of the excursion once you actually click in.

I think the excursion likely didn't have all the required information to "book" but the system never checked that info to just show up.

Hopefully this will help the excursion/IT team fix it. Still on hold while waiting for support to connect with my customer service person.

Thank you.  My other thought was the excursion is outside our port arrival window in Juneau that day.  I am wondering if the system thinks we can’t book it because we aren’t scheduled to be in a port at that time.  The person I spoke to said she was seeing a message that I had exceeded my allowable activities at that time.

IT won't pick up my ticket until Monday supposedly but I had them enter in the extra info.

Hopefully its fixed and the only thing we can do I guess is keep trying to book it. Then sometime next week try calling back.

• Thanks 1

I had an unexpected cruise planner experience last week.   My planner for Allure (November) converted to the new planner.   I was checking Voom S&S price, and saw I had something in my cart already,    It was Voom  S&S That I had added to the old planner cart during a prior sale, and forgot to check out. 

The Voom carried over in my cart was cheaper than current sale. I tried to check out with the cheaper price in cart from old planner - and was successful.   Wow, I was amazed, and thankful to have saved some $$.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cuatthesea said:

A little progress....they published the description 🙂.

Woah literally right now since I just checked like 5 mins ago.

Might be getting fixed right now.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 9:18 AM, J0Y0US said:

Still not fixed the title of the excursion is not listed at this point and still has the payment processing error.

WOOHOO, payment processed.  If you left it in your shopping cart, try and submitting payment.  Mine just went through at the sale price.  If you are on the 5/23 sailing, we'll see you onboard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cuatthesea said:

WOOHOO, payment processed.  If you left it in your shopping cart, try and submitting payment.  Mine just went through at the sale price.  If you are on the 5/23 sailing, we'll see you onboard.

6/13 for us but processed as well. 

Left mine in cart so still had the 25% discount on it. 

• Like 1