Covid vaccine and children

I am due to cruise with NCL in July, my daughter turns 12 exactly 7 days before we sail. NCL have told me that she must be double vaccinated 2 weeks before she boards. Where I live children under 12 can only be vaccinated if they have underlying health conditions.  I have no issues with getting her the vaccine but atm I can’t there is no where for me to take her to get it. NCL have told me that unless she is double vaccinated she can’t board! This was not the policy at the time of booking. Does anyone have any advice is there anything I can do? 

51 minutes ago, Newbiecruiser1981 said:

I am due to cruise with NCL in July, my daughter turns 12 exactly 7 days before we sail. NCL have told me that she must be double vaccinated 2 weeks before she boards. Where I live children under 12 can only be vaccinated if they have underlying health conditions.  I have no issues with getting her the vaccine but atm I can’t there is no where for me to take her to get it. NCL have told me that unless she is double vaccinated she can’t board! This was not the policy at the time of booking. Does anyone have any advice is there anything I can do? 

What country do you live in?

1 hour ago, Newbiecruiser1981 said:

here is what NCL has on their Sail Safe page:  children 11 and under can sail if unvaccinated unless it is not allowed in the ports you are sailing to?

SAFETY FOR OUR GUESTS AND CREW

Mandatory Vaccination Requirement for all Adults & Crew

Mandatory Vaccinations Against Covid-19

All guests age twelve and over, as well as all crew, must be fully vaccinated at least 2 weeks prior to departure in order to board. While we welcome unvaccinated children ages eleven and under onboard, it is the responsibility of the guest to be aware of any local protocols and/or travel restrictions in place at the visiting destinations at the time of sailing.

*Click here for a list of vaccines accepted to sail aboard our fleet.

Does anyone know when NCL are due to review their European vaccine policy?  We're in a similar position in that daughter is 11 and there is a cruise I'd like to book but in the UK the earliest she could get her first vaccine is April.  

On 3/3/2022 at 6:13 PM, 1025cruise said:

Until recently, NCL did not allow any non-vaccinated cruisers.Now they are allowing under 5s. 

Actually it’s now 11 and under have NO vaccine requirement.